RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Obihai OBI202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router - Google Voice, SIP, T.38 Fax Support $59.99

schoondoggy

#*@(#$%!  Just ordered a Ooma (along with an assorted bunch of cables & Connectors) Wed nite during Dave's show!  You really need to get your postings out sooner Schoondoggy!  :)

#*@(#$%!  Just ordered a Ooma (along with an assorted bunch of cables & Connectors) Wed nite during Dave's show!  You really need to get your postings out sooner Schoondoggy!  :)

LMAO :) That's right, blame the messenger

It's on its way from NJ so I'll get it next week.  Then I'll see about porting one of my #'s over from AT&T.

You guys will have to show me the secrete club handshake at #MeetUp2013 #BestMeetUpEver !! :)

JM, you haven't been paying attention. Haven't you seen the TV ads -- Ooma says she has no hands, so there can't be a secret handshake..... unless the secret is that there is no handshake :ph34r:

Ooma has been great for me.  Saving me minimum $30 bucks a month.  I pay only $3.79.

OBi has a lot of great features and this is a good deal.  Really good as long as Google Voice is free.

Don't forget to get one of these to use your hard wiring...

5346359dc7cf1449b9a983a111158833.jpg

I must be a tech geek, because I also have OBi but just the basic one ;-)

Can you put Tomato on these?  :P

Edited by g725s
  • Like 1

Debating which one to buy myself.  We are getting ready to move to a new house in another state.  I will be in an area with good broadband service so I will finally be able to use VOIP.  I already have a Google Voice number that is forwarded to my cell phone so I am thinking that the Obi device would be the way to go.

I have the Ooma and would like to try the Obi.  I have a Google Voice number so that would have worked well.  I liked the Ooma setup and the fact I got to pick out my phone number from a list.  I got the easiest one to remember.  I never used the apps or anything else with it.  I don't even use the base as the voicemail.  I set the voicemail answer to 99 rings and use my home phone setup as the voicemail.  Much easier for the family that way.  It's about $4 a month.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16833617003   - Obi Link

I got my Ooma from woot.com for $99.  It's a refurb.

You should read this post over at surfacegeeks.  It's more about Skype but pretty cool.

http://www.surfacegeeks.net/forums/index.php?/topic/606-my-great-skype-experiment/