Pancakes

How if crashplan uploading this fast?

pcdoc

Do not recall.  I know that I have been using that setting for a long time so that it does not interfere with anything else I do.  I do not want anything gobbling up my bandwidth when I am using it.

ikon

And that was the other reason I figured it just had to have that kind of control -- I couldn't imagine having CrashPlan suck up all my bandwidth for days or weeks on end while it backed up several hundred GB of my data. It just didn't make sense.

buzzinh

I noticed when I cancel a backup and restart it (doing a local backup and Crashplan central backups) that the speed ramps up to way above my internet connection upload speed. The only thing I can think is that is doing something clever with not uploading files that are already uploaded, calculating the size of the file and and the amount to do and not taking into account the fact it doesn't have to actually upload that file maybe...thus getting the speed wrong... who knows (smoke and mirrors)

awraynor

It must be while analyzing it acknowledges what is already backed up. Sees the time and amount already backed up

and comes up with that lust worthy upload speed. It happens to me too.