RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
FiLiNuX

Why no cash back love for the U.S.

FiLiNuX

Does anyone have ANY idea why there is constantly AMAZING cash back offers on the MicroServer's in the UK but that love is never shared in the US even ONCE.  I have emailed HP in great detail asking why only the UK is the cash back deal offered and if any current or future similar deals for students or ANYONE would ever be offered in the US among other things.   Their response to my lengthy but very kind email was "This offer is not available in your area at this time"  

So I thought maybe someone here had heard or knows something different.  I am grateful that some may receive this offer but just curious why not all.  

ikon

While I sympathise, I also look at the fact that prices in the UK are traditionally so much higher on just about everything tech related that I feel it's only right that they get something at a better price. Overall, I think prices in the US are around 30% lower than the UK, so don't feel too bad.

Pancakes

While I sympathise, I also look at the fact that prices in the UK are traditionally so much higher on just about everything tech related that I feel it's only right that they get something at a better price. Overall, I think prices in the US are around 30% lower than the UK, so don't feel too bad.

As someone who moved from the UK back to the US 6 months ago, its not just tech. its EVERYTHING. I also expect they don't sell nearly as many in the UK, so they need to get them out the door somehow

The 2 exceptions are internet and phones, but its not that different.

ikon

Thanks pancakes. I didn't want to overstep by saying 'everything'; glad you can confirm and expand

FiLiNuX

Like I said I don't know for sure and I tend to be curious.  I wish HP would have given me ANYTHING in response to my email :)   

The prices on MicroServers have always appeared to be very comparable (not including the cash back offer) between the US & the UK from what I remember.  I am aware of the variance in prices between locations but I don't think that is the reason or it wouldn't be so item specific. Also the UK being more expensive on EVERYTHING is kind of a blanket statement.  More expensive then the Midwest (where I live now) yes.  More expensive then New York or Alaska (where I have lived a large part of my life) I would say would be a LOT closer.  

Pancakes statement that microservers are not selling in the UK would seem like a more reasonable idea but I see so much web information from UK MicroServer users I didn't think that was it.  

The mystery's of the universe still escape me :) 

fredaroony

Try living in Australia...land of the great ripoff.

ikon

From what I recall, the UK prices for MicroServers have been significantly higher. For example, Newegg in the USA has fairly frequently had deals on N54L MicroServers at around $250. I just looked up an N54L at a UK site and it's 287 pounds! That makes it around $450US.

You'd think, being so close to China, you'd get stuff even cheaper ;)

fredaroony

From what I recall, the UK prices for MicroServers have been significantly higher. For example, Newegg in the USA has fairly frequently had deals on N54L MicroServers at around $250. I just looked up an N54L at a UK site and it's 287 pounds! That makes it around $450US.

You'd think, being so close to China, you'd get stuff even cheaper ;)

Smaller market unfortunately or so we are told.

Check this out and some of these are digitals downloads so nothing to do with location http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/downloads-its-cheaper-to-pay-a-wage-fly-to-the-us-and-back-twice-20120718-229in.html

awraynor

Beautiful country, but every show we watch makes it look like everything in Australia will kill you:

Great White Sharks, irukandji, Box Jellyfish, Taipan; I'm afraid to go there. But man it looks beautiful.

ikon

Oh, and BTW, Canada hasn't seen any of these MicroServer deals; none, zip, nada, nyet. So, congrats USA and UK, at least you get some :P