RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
gstarks

HP MicroServer Gen8 now available in blueberry, cherry, and licorice flavors! ;)

ikon

OK, the black is looking nicer.

Nachtwind

Agreed... the black one looks best :)

But much more important - when does it come straight with a Xeon E3-1220L V2 CPU and one 8GB Module? :rolleyes:

KydDynoMyte

If it came in some form of pink I might have a better chance of getting purchase approval.

ikon

If it came in some form of pink I might have a better chance of getting purchase approval.

A fair point, although, for it to truly have a top WAF it would have to be completely Barbie pink ;)

Dave

These guys look great!  Black? Come one, gimme some color!

If HP would give me one I would convert it to pink and document it. ;)

ikon

So would I. my wife would love it. She'd want me to take it out of the basement! :)

gstarks

I think HP has not yet considered the angle of color enabling spousal budget approval! LOL  Great info!

So a little more detail... Still just the same two servers SKUs with the silver, but now you can order a kit with 1 each of blue/red/black as an option.

PN: 722320-B21  List Price=$69

ikon

OK, I know it was brought up in a kind of wink wink, nudge nudge way, but HP should seriously consider the WAF aspect of tech purchases. I suspect you would be amazed at what a difference it could make. My wife will often say 'Yes' to something if it's cute, or cuddly, funny, or comes in a really pretty colour, that she otherwise would reject out of hand.

In the case of the MicroServer, the coloured door is a great start, but most wives would immediately ask, "Why couldn't it be all pink?". And, given the choice of a pink server, or no server at all, most guys will, I believe, opt for the pink server. It's called compromise B) 

BTW, nice to see the add-on kit isn't too outrageously priced, as so many of these things are typically.

Dave

I like that idea and it's a good price.  We can order the add on kit and then experiment with the silver door with whatever color you desire! 

By the way, if you haven't registered for the 2013 Meetup, now is the time!

http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5296-hss-meetup-2013-sept-21st-indy/

It's September 21st so it's getting closer!  Lots of MicroServer goodness at this years meet.