RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Remote Web Access - Multiple Of Same Device for Rdp

hashssj

Hi Team,

I have a problem where I have two instances of the same machine showing in the connected devices for RDP on the Remote Web Access page. This has occurred after I removed a machine then connected new machine with same name. I had removed from Dash Board, Un-installed Connector, Removed from AD under Computers, removed DNS entry.

Most likely and obvious one but can not find information any where, if I remove from Dash Board both entries disappear then re-add two instances of the same machine are again visible on Remote Web Access. The obvious solution is to connect with new machine name, but curious where it is pulling doubled up entry from.

Interestingly if selecting devices on the remote web access page it only shows the one device entry so only on the home page.

\

Just tried creating another user and logging in as other user and it only shows the one instance of the problematic device, so something to do with my account / profile. I have tried on different machines and has the same result one device on other login, but two of the same device under my login weird.

I saw this as well when I built a test server recently using Essentials R2.   As it was only a test server and I took it down already, I never got to look into it further.  Pretty strange though.