RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
g725s

HP Systems Insight Manager software and WHS 2011 on Microserver?

schoondoggy

Did you create an account with PRTG?

g725s

I did not know that I had to create an account.  That could be the problem.  Not sure I have the ability to say awake much longer today though to figure that one out.

Is it withing the program itself or do you go to their site?  How does PRTG send out emails anyway?

Thanks Schoondoggy!

Edited by g725s

schoondoggy

It should create an account for you when you install it and enter the license key that they emailed you for the trial.

g725s

It should create an account for you when you install it and enter the license key that they emailed you for the trial.

It asked me  for an email address prior to download to receive the free license key (try it, it does not say that it has to the same one as used during setup).   But I did use a different email address during the actual setup on my MicroServer.  Oh don't tell me....

schoondoggy

Great job!

You put a lot of work into this. This would make a nice article for the main page.

HP Microserver with HP RAID on WHS2011 with event notifications.

g725s

Great job!

You put a lot of work into this. This would make a nice article for the main page.

HP Microserver with HP RAID on WHS2011 with event notifications.

I could write up a better thread with screenshots but it's gonna take a few days to a week.

Joe_Miner

I could write up a better thread with screenshots but it's gonna take a few days to a week.

Nice Work g725s!!  This would make a great blog post IMHO!!  Contact Dave to let him know you're working on it and he'll give you an address to send your write-up in Word -- screenshots and pictures of your set-up would be fantastic!!

g725s

Will do Joe. This community has given me a bunch. Give me a bit of time to put it together.

Also, there is a ton of stuff you can monitor with PRTG. Who here might have a lot of experience with it, or with Spiceworks also?

Edited by g725s

ikon

g725s, don't feel pressured to write it up quickly. The important thing is the content, which you have. Take your time, don't stress about it. I'm sure everyone will be happy to have the results when you can get them.