RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

My initial G8 testing

psikey

Hello, I'm new here too :)

Do you think it would be worth opening a support case regarding the excessive fan speed in SATA AHCI mode?

Hello, I'm new here too :)

Do you think it would be worth opening a support case regarding the excessive fan speed in SATA AHCI mode?

Why not, but my initial online support with them to see if the B120i had any option to sleep the drives didn't get me far. They just couldn't get what I was asking as its not normally something you would want a RAID controller to do for a Server.

TBH, the concept of sleeping drives connected to a RAID card is weird to me. I'm not surprised HP didn't get it. How bout putting a meter of the outlet that your server's plugged into and see what it's actually drawing. Often, people find their server is only drawing about the same as an incandecent light bulb.

TBH, the concept of sleeping drives connected to a RAID card is weird to me. I'm not surprised HP didn't get it. How bout putting a meter of the outlet that your server's plugged into and see what it's actually drawing. Often, people find their server is only drawing about the same as an incandecent light bulb.

If you checked out my link you will see I cover this in detail including power use. Its only about £28/year extra.

I'm a one man mission over in my usual Tech forum but please feel free to link any info in your LINKS section if you think useful (or merge info into a thread here ??)

http://www.avforums.com/forums/networking-nas/1783788-hp-microserver-g8-here.html

I've joined here now.

Welcome to the Forums PsiKey!!  I've added a number of links from your postings at AVForums to here as well as a general link to the thread but don't be shy about posting pictures and info here as well :)  

You'll find a lot of folks here who enjoy playing with and talking about Tech!  When you get a chance feel free to introduce yourself http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/344-welcome-to-homeservershowcom-forums-introduce-yourself-here/

Enjoy!