RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
awraynor

Acer Chromebook for $129

awraynor

If I could add 100GB to the 200GB of Google Drive I already have that would be pretty sweet.

KydDynoMyte

I think the 100gb chromebook offer is only redeemable once per google account. Chromebooks get returned all the time from people buying them at best buy and giving up on them when they can"t install a windows program.

awraynor

I've already got a Dell D620 that is about the same as that. Just wanted to try the Chrome OS

with it's limitations. Like most I am a glutton for punishment.

Pancakes

I've already got a Dell D620 that is about the same as that. Just wanted to try the Chrome OS

with it's limitations. Like most I am a glutton for punishment.

The D620 is around the same as a T60, T400 is 2 gens newer and takes DDR3

KydDynoMyte

I love my chromebook. My wife loves her chromebook. My parents love their chromebook. I love my parent's chromebook. Oh the hours it has saved in IT time with them. They needed to upgrade their old slow desktop. Got them the chromebook and a google cloud printer. I can log into my chromebook as them and the changes I make will carry over to theirs. A couple weeks ago they did call that the printer wasn't showing up so she couldn't print her e-bay listing. Just had her clear the browser cache and it was good as new, and I was able to print my invoice right on her printer that is shared with me before she even got the "thank you" out of her mouth. It should be as fast next year as it is today. We are Google. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Pancakes

Now I kinda want one...

KydDynoMyte

Another plus:

No posts cluttering up the chromebook forums about which antivirus to use.

:)

Dave

I bought the Acer Iconia W3 so why wouldn't I give this a shot?  ;)

Actually, I didn't hesitate.  As soon as I saw the post I picked it up.  I have an evil plan concocted for it!

Do I need to create a portable forum for this thing?  I don't think it would fly over on SurfaceGeeks.net.