RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

The R2 Wave is Coming Oct. 18th

I've got 8.1 and S2012R2Hyper-V and about a zillion partial downloads still coming down for the next few hours/days/?  I need a few weeks to sort this all out .................

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ikon

• vinylfreak

• Big Worm

• Jason

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been tweaking mine for over a month to fine tune it for the meetup. I'm with you Dave I hope this upgrade is smooth!!  

No 8.1 for me right now. Just got off the MyMovies support forum and users are reporting that something in 8.1 breaks MyMovies. Brian and the crew over there have yet to figure out  a fix. I know i

I'm not a enthusiast, rather an experienced IT Architect and deploy my servers with MDT, currently running 20+ VMs at home with fully working Exchange, Lync, SharePoint etc. Moving profiles is really

Ditto, I have already started creating a list of parts I will need to upgrade my current WHS2011 box to handle Server 2012R2 Essentials and a few VMs. 

I'll be downloading this as soon as I get home from work.

My big question is, what is the process for upgrading an existing server?  From what I've seen an in-place upgrade isn't an option.  So anybody got any ideas on what process to follow to upgrade an existing server with shares, clients and add-in already installed?

I think I see some testing in the future....

And so Microsoft lied. Two weeks ago they were emphatic that MSDN and TechNet subscribers would not get early access to the RTM bits. But since they're available, I too and slurping them from the MSDN server at this very moment. It might be a few days before I get around to looking at them, but at least I will have Windows 8.1, Server 2012 Essentials R2 and Server 2012 R2 downloaded.

KiwiGlen's comment about there not being a clear in-place upgrade path has me concerned. I don't want to rebuild my servers from scratch!

I've got 8.1 and R2 downloaded.  This is after I spent all weekend tweaking my new Win 8 desktop!  I hope the upgrade is smooth.

I've been tweaking mine for over a month to fine tune it for the meetup. I'm with you Dave I hope this upgrade is smooth!!   :blink:

• Like 1