RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

HP MS G8 WSE 2012 R2

schoondoggy

Diehard had asked about this last week;

Loaded WSE 2012 R2 on the MS G8 today.

It loaded fine, had to give it the B120i driver. Seems to boot up fine, but it keeps getting a error;

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Has anyone had that issue?

I may reload it without the RAID controller and see if that makes a difference.

Edited by schoondoggy

My apologies if this is a dumb question but did you do "Intelegent Provisioning" when you were ready to load S2012R2E?

I've only read about it as a new feature of the Gen8's -- haven't tried it yet so I may be off base here.

That is a good point, I did not.

I will give that a try.

I did play with Intelligent Provisioning on a WS 2012 install and it worked well.

• 1 month later...

I had the same issue. I did an install on server 2012r2 and had that happen quite a bit. Also, when reinstalling and running the command in diskpart:

convert gpt 

It would crash with the same error. 

Doing the server install using Intelligent Provisioning solved the issue.

• Like 1

According to this white paper, Implementing the Preview build of Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 on HP ProLiant servers : http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA4-7658ENW

Intelligent Provisioning does not work.  In my case it would blue screen on the Windows 2012 R2 RTM code.  I downloaded the drivers recommended here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib2/software1/supportpack-generic/p1215540406/v88252

And used cp020488.exe for the B120i Dynamic Smart Array Storage Controller in RAID mode and it works without the kernel error.

• 1 month later...

Dear All,

The B120i Driver (cp019591 Dynamic Smart Array Driver 62.6.2.64) for Windows Server 2012 make Windows Server 2012 R2 Unstable and got BSOD ! But work fine in Windows Server 2012. Same problem with a HP ML310e.

For Windows Server 2012R2, I confirm you must use actually the 2008 R2 Driver (Driver 6.6.2.64 - cp019590). You must force to use it in the device Manager.

I got a contact with a HP Engineer and he confirm HP know the problem and correct I in a future Driver. He let me informed when a corrective is made,

Best Regards

Vincent

Edited by IT_VBO