RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

HP MS G8 2.5" drive bracket, revision history, New REV 3.5 and Rev 4 info

Griffin

Thank you for your hard work and selflessness!

I appreciate this. Dunno if ill be able to make it, but what i've read is that theyre goooood

Qba
On 1/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, schoondoggy said:

As I do not plan to build any more of the SDM Rev4 brackets, I have decided to share the schematic.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao9ObX1BCpuXsstkeE7Jc5cyRmYTFQ?e=8ouDcP

Hi schoondoggy! Would you please tell me what are the screws type required to mount this inside G8 and to mount 2xSDD on it?

schoondoggy
4 hours ago, Qba said:

Hi schoondoggy! Would you please tell me what are the screws type required to mount this inside G8 and to mount 2xSDD on it?

The screws to mount drives on the bracket are countersunk M3x3mm. The screws that mount  the bracket in the case are 6-32 thumb screws.

Qba
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

The screws to mount drives on the bracket are countersunk M3x3mm. The screws that mount  the bracket in the case are 6-32 thumb screws.

Thanks for info. Could you post a link with example pictures of there screws? :) I'm not sure what "countersunk" M3x3mm mean :)

Edited by Qba

schoondoggy
2 hours ago, Qba said:

Thanks for info. Could you post a link with example pictures of there screws? :) I'm not sure what "countersunk" M3x3mm mean :)

For mounting drives:

https://www.trfastenings.com/products/catalogue/screws-and-bolts/Machine-Screws/Countersunk-Head/Cross-Recess-H-Drive/TR00008114-100

For mounting the bracket:

https://www.amazon.com/SGTKJSJS-Computer-Thumbscrews-Thread-Fastener/dp/B07X4WTTV7

• Thanks 1

Qba
19 hours ago, schoondoggy said:

I'm trying to make this bracket based on your drawing but I'm imiss coordinates of 2 holes: first one in the top left corner and the second one below the first one :)

schoondoggy
On 3/5/2020 at 7:21 AM, Qba said:

I'm trying to make this bracket based on your drawing but I'm imiss coordinates of 2 holes: first one in the top left corner and the second one below the first one :)

Those holes are not used. I was going to mount another device there, but it did not workout. 

You need to open the file in Visio to see the scale of the drawing.

From the left edge of the bracket, those holes are 3/8" edge to center.

• Like 1

Qba
43 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

Those holes are not used. I was going to mount another device there, but it did not workout. 

Ah... OK... One more question :) Could you please share the schematic of SSB-7 and SSB-9.5? :)

Stoops
On 10/29/2019 at 5:11 AM, schoondoggy said:

The minimum order for my sheet metal manufacturer is 100 units. I do not think there is enough demand for making another 100 units.

If you are interested, I do have one Rev3 bracket left. The Rev3 mounts drives the same as the Rev4 it just has different mounts for fans.

PM me through this site if you want it.

Is there any chance this is still available? Long shot I know, I only just came across this forum after having my gen8 over 3 years and starting to toy a little bit.