RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

HP MS G8 2.5" drive bracket, revision history, New REV 3.5 and Rev 4 info

shadox

What are some other alternatives comparable with schoondoggy's solution?

schoondoggy
10 minutes ago, shadox said:

What are some other alternatives comparable with schoondoggy's solution?

If you are not using a DVD drive in the ODD bay there is room for drives there. Double sided tape works well to keep them from sliding. Be careful not to cover air holes. Some have installed drives under the ODD bay. This requires some work to get them in there. There are some 3D printed options as well:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1279920

Trig0r

I managed to get 2x 2.5" drives under the ODD bay, had to take the back of the drive cage section off though and reroute a few cables..

seiburii

Hello all - just picked up a Gen8 recently and found this mod - (which I think is amazing - very innovative Schoondoggy!!).

Went straight to ebay to try and pick one up then realised it can only be purchased from Schoondoggy's hp-microserver-gen8-drive-bracket page.😅

Trig0r, I would like to get one from you if possible (based in UK), although it seems you are now travelling over to UK mid 2019 (rather than late dec 2018/early jan 2019) is that now the case?

Also - where can I get information on the shipping costs to UK for this purchase (if Trig0r is unable to travel before mid 2019)?

schoondoggy
5 hours ago, seiburii said:

Hello all - just picked up a Gen8 recently and found this mod - (which I think is amazing - very innovative Schoondoggy!!).

Went straight to ebay to try and pick one up then realised it can only be purchased from Schoondoggy's hp-microserver-gen8-drive-bracket page.😅

Trig0r, I would like to get one from you if possible (based in UK), although it seems you are now travelling over to UK mid 2019 (rather than late dec 2018/early jan 2019) is that now the case?

Also - where can I get information on the shipping costs to UK for this purchase (if Trig0r is unable to travel before mid 2019)?

I have a saved search on eBay to see if one ever ends up there! I did have someone reach out to me a year or so back, because they bought a used MS Gen8 and it came with this piece of metal with my name on it and they could not figure out what is was for!

I have around 10 brackets left. Maybe we can get a UK volume buy going.

Trig0r

I'll know closer to the time when we are coming over, but yes, I'll be fine with bringing some back..

hnws

Is it still available to purchase in US, specifically shipping to NYC?

schoondoggy
51 minutes ago, hnws said:

Is it still available to purchase in US, specifically shipping to NYC?

Yes I have some left and shipping to NYC is not an issue:

seiburii
On 1/19/2019 at 5:41 AM, schoondoggy said:

I have a saved search on eBay to see if one ever ends up there! I did have someone reach out to me a year or so back, because they bought a used MS Gen8 and it came with this piece of metal with my name on it and they could not figure out what is was for!

I have around 10 brackets left. Maybe we can get a UK volume buy going.

On 1/19/2019 at 5:32 PM, Trig0r said:

I'll know closer to the time when we are coming over, but yes, I'll be fine with bringing some back..

Hi schoondoggy and Trig0r, Thanks for your help (Trig0r) but I could not chance not getting some so I have ordered 2 Brackets for my two Gen8s.

However, schoondoggy please can you contact me regarding my order as I need to change my order slightly.

ullbeking

@schoondoggy Is it still possible to get these 2.5" caddies/adapters?  I would LOVE to make an order!!

Also, does anybody know where I can find a guide to mounting 2.5" drives where the optical drive ordinarily goes?