RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

HP MS G8 2.5" drive bracket, revision history, New REV 3.5 and Rev 4 info

schoondoggy
2 hours ago, ari2asem said:

is it possible to fit  2x   2,5 inch (upto 9,5mm)  drives into 1 slim-odd slot? and how? maybe new idea for schoondoggy for modification?

i am a new owner of the gen8-device. totally newbie with it. i would like to make an multi-TB device of it as many as could sdd or hdd drives.

@schoondoggy    do you send rev4 brackets internationally (to Holland)? and possibility to pay by credic card (because i dont have and i dont like paypal) ?

Yes I do ship international, but it is very expensive. It is a flat rate per box and I can fit four brackets in a box, so if you have others near you that need brackets that can save you money. Sorry, I am not setup to take credit cards.

With drive choices, Seagate has 5TB 2.5 inch 15mm drives. You could put two of them on a SDM R4 and put SSDs in the ODD bay.

ari2asem
19 hours ago, schoondoggy said:

Yes I do ship international, but it is very expensive. It is a flat rate per box and I can fit four brackets in a box, so if you have others near you that need brackets that can save you money. Sorry, I am not setup to take credit cards.

With drive choices, Seagate has 5TB 2.5 inch 15mm drives. You could put two of them on a SDM R4 and put SSDs in the ODD bay.

how much should be the sending price to holland in 1 box? what i need is brackets to attach 4x    2,5inch hard drives (SSD or normal HDD upto 9mm thick, no 15mm thick hdd). so i need 1SDM Rev4 bracket with 2 SSB of the extra attachers. and is the set including the fan for extra cooling raid-controller?

and my another question...there is no possbility to put / to fit 2x  2,5inch drives into slim-odd?

Edited by ari2asem

Trig0r

I had 2x 2.5" SSD's in the blank space under the ODD slot as I was actually using the ODD, if you tweak the wirings around a bit its easy enough to do..

ari2asem
13 minutes ago, Trig0r said:

I had 2x 2.5" SSD's in the blank space under the ODD slot as I was actually using the ODD, if you tweak the wirings around a bit its easy enough to do..

nice option, as i can see at my gen8-device the only way to put 2,5inch hdd under the slim-odd space is firstly removing backplane, then sliding the 2x  2,5inch disks. but how to fasten them to the unit / device? tire-wraps? do you have any picture of your setup with your suggested option? just to seet how you did it

cable rerouting is not a big deal

Trig0r

I used blu-tac :D

No images though, my Gen8 went a while back...

Trig0r

Yeah that's the stuff, I could have used velcro or similar but I didn't have any, and when I say gone, I sold it, not it died...

schoondoggy
8 hours ago, ari2asem said:

how much should be the sending price to holland in 1 box? what i need is brackets to attach 4x    2,5inch hard drives (SSD or normal HDD upto 9mm thick, no 15mm thick hdd). so i need 1SDM Rev4 bracket with 2 SSB of the extra attachers. and is the set including the fan for extra cooling raid-controller?

and my another question...there is no possbility to put / to fit 2x  2,5inch drives into slim-odd?

International shipping is $35.

There is room in the ODD bay for two 2.5 inch 9.5mm drives. Some double sided tape should hold them in place.

20180430_221737.jpg

Trig0r

I'm over in the US again this Christmas, while I dont have a Gen8 anymore I could possibly bring some back with me, as long as I remember to carry them on this time, putting them in my luggage resulted in a broken lock and a nice note from customs lol

• Like 1

schoondoggy

I have thirty (30) SDM-MSG8-R4 brackets left in stock. As production has ended on the HPE MicroServer Gen8, I will not be making any more of these. If you want/need one, you should order it now.

• Like 2