RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

HP MS G8 2.5" drive bracket, revision history, New REV 3.5 and Rev 4 info

Helzy

Could do. My son is a welder with all manner of tools at his disposal, I measured up and drew up an adapter design, gonna hit him up this weekend and ask him if he could cut and press one for me. I'll let you know what happens. I went with a similar location but mine looks to be a bit of a tighter fit and will use some rubber bump stops to absorb vibration.

schoondoggy

Any idea when they'll be ready to ship and costs for shipping to Calgary, alberta?

I was using USPS for all US shipments, flat rate $5, but Canada is coming at $19.50,,,,, I will look at other shippers;

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10054&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13&MailingDate=2/13/2014&MailingTime=8:00%20AM&dv=25

Helzy, I'm also in Calgary. Perhaps once schoondoggy provides a production status update and shipping cost we could make arrangements to go in on a couple and split the shipping costs?

Interesting idea, with USPS flat rate I could squeeze 6 of them in the box and shipping would still be $19.50.

Helzy

I was using USPS for all US shipments, flat rate $5, but Canada is coming at $19.50,,,,, I will look at other shippers;

http://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10054&m=13&p=0&o=1&mt=13&MailingDate=2/13/2014&MailingTime=8:00%20AM&dv=25

Interesting idea, with USPS flat rate I could squeeze 6 of them in the box and shipping would still be $19.50.

Hmm are they ready to ship? If so I won't bug my son in law this weekend?

schoondoggy

The first 100 units should be in on Tuesday.

• Like 1

riahc3

I apologize for being annoying but Im surprised no one is interested in a fan mod. Im not sure what technical expertise you have on modding the fan, schoondoggy.

Vance Fox

The first 100 units should be in on Tuesday.

Like the picture says... Take my money! Let me know where to send it!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ikon

Good thinking. With people who are near enough to each other, this is a great option. Even if you only put 2 in a box, it's still half the price. The real kicker will be Broker Fees and Customs Duties.

Helzy

Good thinking. With people who are near enough to each other, this is a great option. Even if you only put 2 in a box, it's still half the price. The real kicker will be Broker Fees and Customs Duties.

For Canada, I have always had great success just using USPS international, never charged brokerage once yet.

schoondoggy

I apologize for being annoying but Im surprised no one is interested in a fan mod. Im not sure what technical expertise you have on modding the fan, schoondoggy.

I have played a bit with fans. What are you trying to achieve?

ikon

For Canada, I have always had great success just using USPS international, never charged brokerage once yet.

You've been lucky. I just got a package in from the US and it cost $10 brokerage and $5 duties..... on a package worth $12. It came via USPS. BTW, the last time I ordered this, it did come with now fees or duties; I think it's just the luck of the draw.