RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Podcast 88 - The Vail Extravaganza

Dave

Just started listening to the show and Jim triggered something when he mentioned network problems. My network did not go donw however ironically it took out all my security cameras. I turned off the server and they came right back. So there is definetly is an issue there.

Great show guys. Enjoyed the dialog as well as the interviews. Learned some things which is always good. Glad to hear Jim is going the way of the Core I3, I never doubted it... For the record, I do like the longer shows once in while as they cover allot of ground. Great job and keep it up.

Hey guys, just finished listening to the show. Great show, it covered a lot of things that I was wondering about concerning Vail. I also like that continue to give some WHS v1 love. One piece of constructive criticism: when you are recording, turn your cell phones off. I heard a lot of interference that might be attributed to incoming calls or texts. Keep up the great work, love the podcast.

Thanks for the comments everybody. Yeah, somebody had a phone nearby. I'll agree with you, it was annoying. Will take care of that next time.

I had fun with this one. Anyone mind the extra length?

No problem on the length. When you have good content, I don't care if it is three hours. But don't go long without having anything good to say.

I agree. No problems with the length. You guys should hash out whatever comes up. Let it flow. And like ITTOG says...when it's done, it's done. So keep 'er coming.

First of all. Love the show and been listening from episode 1. It's amazing how well the show is now. Dave has come a long way and the current team is awesome. I've been long time listener of twit but recently decided to review my podcast list, dropped twit and a few others. But HSS stays on the top of my list and I look forward to the new episode every week.

On another note. From the coverage online I see that Vail will have drive letters assigned to shares on the server. Will this help overcome some of the issues you guys had when installing Crash Plan (remote backup) to the home server?

Thanks guys, good point on the length, if we got content, then bring it up, because next week it migh be old, if there's nothing to add, then end it.

Christian, thanks for joining the club and listening since the beginning and joining the forums.