Jump to content
RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

GEN8 : Memory (NON)-ECC


wwindowwss
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, codedmind said:

That is bad luck for me then 😕 I see stevens post in the first page and then order it :(

 

And from here it says udimm 

https://memory.net/product/m391b1g73bh0-ck0-samsung-1x-8gb-ddr3-1600-udimm-pc3-12800e-dual-rank-x8-module/

 

Thanks @schoondoggy

 

 

Sorry, I did another search and it looks like m391b1g73bh0-ck0 should be UDIMM.

Can you post a picture of the dimms, front and back?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, codedmind said:

Yes those are UDIMM and they should work. You may have already tried this, but be sure the memory slots are clean no dust. If you changed processors at the same time be sure there are no bent pins or debris. Do you have the memory module that came with they server to see if the original still works?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

Yes those are UDIMM and they should work. You may have already tried this, but be sure the memory slots are clean no dust. If you changed processors at the same time be sure there are no bent pins or debris. Do you have the memory module that came with they server to see if the original still works?

Yep. I have other 8gb micro that works

 

Have the original 2gb samsung that still works.

 

Even try one of this 8gb and the 2gb but no success :(

 

what I think is strange is the different behavior if the dim is in slot 1 or 2...

 

Edited by codedmind
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, paradox said:

Does the Gen8 support 2x 16gb modules? Really need more RAM.. 

 

I saw in some other threads it probably won't, but might be the stock CPU doesn't support more than 16gig, will the CPU I'm using work or is the limit on the chipset/bios?

 

Thanks in advance.

The issue isn't the cpu ... i think the issue is that the 32 GB is only supported with 4 dim slots and the board only have two

Edited by codedmind
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, codedmind said:

The issue isn't the cpu ... i think the issue is that the 32 GB is only supported with 4 dim slots and the board only have two

 

Ah damn. I'm at 52TB of storage and I need more, and 8gig ram isn't great for freenas/ZFS with that much storage as it is 😐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, paradox said:

 

Ah damn. I'm at 52TB of storage and I need more, and 8gig ram isn't great for freenas/ZFS with that much storage as it is 😐

You can 16gb...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...