• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gordan

• schoondoggy

• Trig0r

• ikon

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Finally got a proper upload of my cooling setup for CPU Upgrades.  

Thought I would share my Heath Robinson heatsin/fan mod (not sure if this has been done before). There is a Xeon 1240v2 under there. No temps measured as yet but had been running it with the stock coo

Working proof :-)

Posted Images

Rocking this one:

Intel Xeon E3-1265LV2 / 2.5 GHz Processor - LGA1155

Only 10 TDP more, which should not be an issue.

Cheers

Edited by Stevns

When I was first looking into this I  had thought that the  Xeon e3-1230L would be a great viable option for upgrading a Gen 8 but I see it is not in the list.  I was really surprised that ECC is the issue on that chip.  The power, price, and everything else looked good.

schoondoggy

When I was first looking into this I  had thought that the  Xeon e3-1230L would be a great viable option for upgrading a Gen 8 but I see it is not in the list.  I was really surprised that ECC is the issue on that chip.  The power, price, and everything else looked good.

As far as I can see all XEON support ECC. The e3-1230 v2 is 69w and the e3-1230L v3 is a socket 1150.

Thanks Schoondoggy! 

II was going from memory and I must have got my specs messed up.  I was thinking that the Xeon E3-1230L V3 (25 TDP) was 1155 and then concluded it must have been a ECC issue and thats why I put I was really surprised that ECC was a issue (on a Xeon). 

That Xeon is an 1150? Heck that just means there are 5 'spare' pin holes on the socket. No problem, right? :D