RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Looking for a 2 Port ESata Raid Card

up7500

I am looking for suggestion for a 2 port esata raid card that has a port multiplier.  I bought a RockRaid 622 in February and it seemed to work fine for a while but no longer like to keep both arrays on line, working on an RMA, but beginning to think I need something better.  Connected to it are 2 Sans Digital TRM+BNC four bay enclosures.  Each one is holding 4 WD red 3TB drives that I plan to setup in RAID 5. 

Currently this will be set up on 2012E so I can use My Movies to rip multiple movies at once.  After I get our almost a thousand movies ripped I will move the arrays over to my HTPC running Win 7 so I can use My Movies and get them to play on my extenders.

I used to use a StarTech SiL3132-based eSATA card for my external enclosures. Fortunately, my EX-503 enclosures also have USB3, so I've switched to that. I couldn't find your model of Sans Digital box but, if it has USB3, you might consider moving to that.

These enclosures are only eSATA, so USB3 isn't an option.  I got my first enclosure 8 years ago to use with my EX475.