RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
PCEddie

File Sync Program, What Works?

Pancakes

In comparison, I would without doubt use AllwaySync as it more mainstream, upgraded more frequently and is designed for this task.  Just my opinion.

It does look kinda cool, ill have to try it sometime when I actually need anything to sync :P

PCEddie

A follow up to this post. I have been using Allway Sync for free over the past month and I do like the file syncing options and and rules to each folder I sync. I guess I have liked the product so much that I reached my allotted data syncing limit. It was time for me to put up or shut up in the sense of using the free version of the product or but the pro version for $25.95. I pulled the trigger this morning and bought the pro version.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions and input.  

JayBee

I'm having great success with microsofts synctoy. What is this, a microsoft product that doesn't cause me frustration? The tides are changing!

pcdoc

A follow up to this post. I have been using Allway Sync for free over the past month and I do like the file syncing options and and rules to each folder I sync. I guess I have liked the product so much that I reached my allotted data syncing limit. It was time for me to put up or shut up in the sense of using the free version of the product or but the pro version for $25.95. I pulled the trigger this morning and bought the pro version.

Thanks everyone for their suggestions and input.  

Glad to hear it worked out.  You can also use it to sync to cloud services such as SkyDrive, DropBox, etc.  Very power tool.  Check for upgrades as they are always updating it.

Arkadi-IT

I know that my reply is in 2020 but what makes me replaying that I saw a comment taking about if a file program run as a service?

So do you know what  it's purpose?

I know 2 programs that can run as a service, gs richcopy 360 and securecopy 

but I had never known the purpose of this feature 

ShadowPeo
On 5/9/2020 at 7:00 PM, Arkadi-IT said:

I know that my reply is in 2020 but what makes me replaying that I saw a comment taking about if a file program run as a service?

So do you know what  it's purpose?

I know 2 programs that can run as a service, gs richcopy 360 and securecopy 

but I had never known the purpose of this feature 

Essentially depending on setup a service runs whether someone is logged in or not, it runs, whether the program is running or not (it starts up with the operating system normally is the point) no interaction is required,