RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

What do you think of this SSD Deal?

Dave

Saw that. Debating.

schoondoggy

is 120 the size you need?

KydDynoMyte

You can get the Samsung 840 (non pro) 120GB for $90 or less form newegg. I just tried the $10 off code and it still works. The $15 off might still work.

http://slickdeals.net/f/6155712-SAMSUNG-840-Series-MZ-7TD120BW-2-5-120GB-SATA-III-Internal-Solid-State-Drive-SSD-90-or-lower

It does look like the Kingston has better write performance if the specs are correct. I have the 128GB 840 pro and like it.

Pancakes

I have a Pro and a non-pro. Honestly I can't tell the difference

FiLiNuX

Do you have a application already planned for it?  If so what?  I have had Kingston drives in the past without problems but I must say that I much prefer the Samsung SSD's.  

I agree with JMWills ENTIRELY that rebates are (and always have been) a deal breaker. 

jmwills

They're a deal breaker with me being out of the country.  Normally, I don't have any issues with them, especially since they went to the Cards as the from of payment.

OCZ has been VERY good with their rebates.  This is also the major reasons I did not pull the trigger on one of the N54L deals.

FiLiNuX

I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about PC hardware but I am wondering what "Stand Alone Drive" is all about?  

Sorry for the double post and being to lazy to Google it. ;)

JMWills  being in the UK don't you get the MicroServers at ridiculous low prices due to the cashback offers?  I must admit OCZ is VERY good about rebates.  Since Micro Center got thrown under the bus years ago their new rebate system is pretty good as well.  

Edited by FiLiNuX

jmwills

Probably just an oversite from NewEgg as you will not see that on the Tiger Direct site.  Stand alone is just that...I take it to mean a bare drive.