RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Using Anywhere access to get to other resources on my network?

Pancakes

No, you can't use an internal address from outside the LAN and you shouldn't be able to. That would be a security risk of major proportions. Remember, most LANs use Private Range IP addresses; ones that start with 10, 172.16 to 172.31, or 192.168. The vast majority use 192.168.x.x. These addresses are not routable on the internet. Since the computer names on your LAN will resolve to one of these private IPs, it's impossible to access them by name from the internet.

However, I am able to RDP into my server from inside and outside my LAN by using <mydomainname.com>:<port#>.

Yeah that was my point, if your router doesn't support external addresses inside then you have to have 2 shortcuts 

2 onboard NICs. That's good. Don't go too low on a CPU for Untangle. It does take more CPU than many of the other gateway products such as pfSense. I think part of that is because it has a GUI. I used an old desktop computer for mine. I think it has a P4 in it :)

Yeah that was my point, if your router doesn't support external addresses inside then you have to have 2 shortcuts 

This is where using your own TMG and DNS servers would resolve this issue.

2 onboard NICs. That's good. Don't go too low on a CPU for Untangle. It does take more CPU than many of the other gateway products such as pfSense. I think part of that is because it has a GUI. I used an old desktop computer for mine. I think it has a P4 in it :)

Well that Celeron 847 is probably 2-3 times more powerful than a 3.5Ghz P4. So an Atom would still be fine

If only I could find out what board is in this, and buy one

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16856205007

Dual LAN too, but the case looks too cheap for my liking 

This is where using your own TMG and DNS servers would resolve this issue.

Well my router does it fine anyway, so its not a problem 

Shoot, now you got me thinking. My Untangle may actually be on an AMD. I'd have to go downstairs and log in directly to find out.... and I just don't feel like it ATM :)

I'm more concerned about Heat/Noise/Power to be honest. An Atom D2550 matches a Pentium D, so that should be more than enough and it should be pretty much silent 

Mine definitely has a CPU fan. It's in a mid-tower case, cause that's what I had on hand. Since it's under the basement stairs, meh, who cares what size it is? :)

Well I blame you, now I am going to spend my whole day tomorrow speccing up a router...