RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Pancakes

Skydrive Vs. Dropbox

Pancakes

What do you guys think?

I have used Dropbox forever, but With the integration Skydrive has with Office 2013 and Windows 8, it seems it might be worth switching to

Anyone use Skydrive, how is it compared to Dropbox? Does it have a "Public" folder I can make links to?

jmwills

Yes it has the option to make ANY folder public.

ikon

yes, you definitely can share files on SkyDrive publicly.

awraynor

I would love to use SkyDrive more than I do, but the storage sizes available just aren't enough.

Pancakes

I would love to use SkyDrive more than I do, but the storage sizes available just aren't enough.

What are the sizes? do you mean total storage or file size limit? 

Pancakes

2GB file size limit? no thanks. Thats out the window then

I keep all my ISO's in Dropbox 

awraynor

I was referring to my 125GB total storage capacity. 25GB given I've been with them early on and the 100 GB purchase upgrade.

For now I'm trying out Bitcasa for backup of all my files.

Dave

I agree that SkyDrive needs to up their storage sizes.  Both with file size and in total available storage.  I like the syncing ability of SkyDrive but sometimes it can overwhelm your network when you upload something big and have it syncing to several other devices.

I haven't used dropbox in ages and I try to work around it when I can.  A lot of services use it and I've gone to pains to find services that don't use it!

Pancakes

I agree that SkyDrive needs to up their storage sizes.  Both with file size and in total available storage.  I like the syncing ability of SkyDrive but sometimes it can overwhelm your network when you upload something big and have it syncing to several other devices.

I haven't used dropbox in ages and I try to work around it when I can.  A lot of services use it and I've gone to pains to find services that don't use it!

Do you have something against it?