jvbutter

android gets login screen, not laptop

jmwills

80-443-4125  are the ports needed for WHS 2011.

ikon

Just tried connecting to https://jvbutter.homeserver.com using my Win7 HTPC and it worked perfectly. I get the standard WHS2011 Remote Web Access login screen.

Soooooo, apparently, you have to move to my house :D

jmwills

What AV programs are running on the Win7 machine?  Please don't say Norton.....

ikon

Norton?? jmwills, I hereby order you to proceed forthwith to the nearest bathroom and wash your mouth out with soap........................ :D

The HTPC? It had MSE, but MSE missed some malware on the HTPC, so I looked around for something better. I forget the site I visited, but it was one of those that test and rate AV products. From the charts I found that BitDefender seemed to be one of the highest rated products over time, consistently near, or at, the top of the list.

After installing, BitDefender found a number of suspicious items and cleared them out. I may just standardize all my systems on BD.

jem101

Well AV discussions notwithstanding, I've now tried Safari, Chrome and Firefox on a Mac, IE 10 and Chrome on a Windows 8 laptop, an Android tablet and my iPhone - no luck with any of them.

I can only conclude that ikon actually works for the NSA and therefore has a direct link into everyone's PCs. Now where did I put that tin-foil hat?

John

ikon

If I were working for the NSA, I suspect I would pretty darn unique. I don't imagine there are too many Canadians in NSA buildings. :D

As to where I have worked, well, let's just leave that alone.

jmwills

If others can get to the portal and  you cannot, I would say you have some sort of custom configuration that is preventing you from accessing the  site.

I can get to the site from my 8.1 laptop.

jvbutter

John, I already have both ports forwarded... on the Comcast router its called SERVICES and when I port forward 80 and 4125, it tells me ERROR duplicate.

jmwills, same story on port 443... its comes up with duplicate
Antivirus, is only Avast

ikon

At this point, it does look like the router is OK. The only other thing that would prove it any further would be for us to have an actual login for your server that would ensure the whole thing is working, but I'm not recommending that. It seems more likely you have an issue with your client computer(s).

jmwills

John, I already have both ports forwarded... on the Comcast router its called SERVICES and when I port forward 80 and 4125, it tells me ERROR duplicate.

jmwills, same story on port 443... its comes up with duplicate

Antivirus, is only Avast

I agree with ikon.  there is something going on with your clients that is not standard.  We don't need a login, the fact that we can see the login screen means that Port Forwarding is working right.