RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Dave

DrivePop Cloud Backup $49.99 Lifetime for 1 PC

hopester

I think the uploading files and no data traffic could have been deduplication in action. Just testing that out now.

hopester

I think the uploading files and no data traffic could have been deduplication in action. Just testing that out now.

It was so the only outstanding issue I can see is realtime backup doing nothing.

jcollison

I can't believe that Wuala made it into this conversation....just sayin

Dave

It was so the only outstanding issue I can see is realtime backup doing nothing.

Go over the issue again? 

I thought I completely broke mine by interrupting a backup and removing folders from the backup set.  It sync'd up overnight and now I show all backed up.  I wanted to get to a point again where it was done backing up so I could test.  I've gone through all the folders using the "Restore a Backup" option and all files are set to True and tests allow me to restore a file to my desktop (or original location if needed).

I'm not sure what to tell you to try.  Except maybe, clean up the backup job and start over. 

The software is not perfect as it's really spread out but I have not had any issues with it.  I thought I killed it at one point but it caught up and sync'd correctly.

bigt11

I'm in for the family plan, price is to good to be true and cant pass it up.

Staggerlee

This outfit is concerning me. I signed up for the Ultimate plan, received notification that my CC was charged and then installed the client. I started a backup on one of my computers and then came back 15 min later and had received another order confirmation email from them but the content of the account info section (subdomain & service) were blank.  I refreshed my account page and it showed I now had a Sync account along with my backup account and a $40 credit in my account.  Very Strange.  So, I opened a ticket with support explaining the situation and attached a copy of the invoice they sent me. I  asked it they would review my account, remove the sync service and leave just the backup plan that I paid for. 

This morning I checked and received no response from support. Later this afternoon, I received an email indicating that my account was suspended for overdue payment (What???).  When I tried to login to the site to review the backups that were running last night, my login will no longer works.  I logged into the support site and there was no activity on the ticket that I submitted. I entered a response to the ticket asking for assistance but have not received anything so far.

I can get past the Paypal only for registration, the newness of the domain, lack of details about the service, etc., etc., but I cannot get around the fact that the charged my card for $99.99 and less than 24 hours later they suspend my account for overdue payment. I don't think so.  The fact that support has not responded to my tickets and that I cannot get to the data that I backed up on their service is also a strike against them.  I will give them until Monday to resolve the issue or I will be requesting a full refund and will warn people away from this service.

Anyone else having issues like this?  Dave, got any contact numbers for them.  No phone numbers for support is another strike against them. 

timekills

It took a while for the site to register the payment to PayPal for me as well. Not sure of the exact timeline as I went to bed, but I paid in the evening, got the confirmation from PayPal and DrviePop (actually I believe it is through Livedrive, but from the site either way) saying my PayPal went through, and AFTER that I got an invoice for payment due. Also on the site it showed I still owed the $99. When I checked back in the morning the site showed me as paid in full for lifetime for unlimited PCs and I had another email showing a paid in full invoice.

I'm not vouching for them. Only used them since we found out about this deal. But I've already uploaded 2.4 TB from one PC and 120+/- GB from another, as well as confirmed restore on around 500GB of test data from their site back to the two PCs. Up speed and down speed are both decent - better than to my hosted web server.

Jason

Just learned of this. Went to do unlimited PCs for $99. Offer over. Let us know if they extend.

Mr_Smartepants

Just learned of this. Went to do unlimited PCs for $99. Offer over. Let us know if they extend.

No, the offer is still valid.  I just signed up 5 min ago (20 July).

You need to click the link in the first post.

http://www.drivepop.com/homeservershow/

Jason

Awesome. Thank you! Did $99 option.