RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Keepvault

pcdoc

I was listening to podcast and heard Dave talk about Keepvault. I am trying it and pretty impressed. Is there anyone else out there using it for WHS and what are you impressions?

I installed it this morning, have backed up just over 1Gb. Very easy to use it seems good. Only thing is it will take @ 300+ hours to get my music and photos!! Still, if it's in the background "just doing it", then I think it's worth a try. I will make a decision after filling up the trial allowance and a few days of running. Definitely good first impressions though.

Agreed, the first full backup seem seems a but painful however after that it should be a breeze. I was looking for somethng like this. I am getting tired of the manual offsite routine even if it is faster. Assuming it continues to work, it should be awesome.

Does homeservershow have any promotional codes for Keepvault? Even just a code so they know it came from here? Keepvault is the exact type of price/feature product that I'm looking for and am going to try/use it because of Dave mentioning it on the show. It seems like he might want credit for that if they have such programs.

Keith

Hey Guys,

I think you are going to like KeepVault. I have been using it for almost 2 years now. It has some quirks to it but they update it regularly and make improvements to the Add-In.
I do have a refer link for homeservershow.com. It doesn't have any promo codes applied to it but maybe I can give KeepVault a ring and see if they will hook us up!

KeepVault for Windows Home Server

Thanks Dave. My wife is a keen amateur photographer and this is cool way to ensure her work is being "looked after" off site. It's a great product and I have decided to sign up for the 130Gb tariff!

pcdoc, how are you finding it?

StanHD
I really like it. After initial "pain" of uploading all the stuff I want to protect which took the better part of two days, I am lovin it. I like the set it and forget approach. This is a keeper. Recommend it to anyone who needs offsite backup (probably all of us).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,
Just an update. 42 Gb uploaded, only 29 Gb to go. I set the activity time to a period that we are not using our bandwidth much. It's taking a long time, but our upload speed is only 600 kbps. I have played with the recovery process on a couple of files. Really easy. So far very happy with this product.

I agree, I have very pleased with it. You are right, in that it is a bit painful for the first round but once that is done, the maintenance is painless. I have 40gig and it was done in two days. Loving the simplicity.