RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

2012R2E Recorded TV

Donskon

I have installed 2012R2E and installed the media server and can’t find the recorded TV folder.  I am running WHS2011 and use the auto archive feature form my HTPC’s does 2012E or 2012R2E still have this feature.  It is the second biggest feature for my flowed by backup.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I don’t think I can move to 2012 without it.

I misread and thought you already had files in there.  That folder is not there by default as a "Business Class" OS would not care for Recorded TV.  You will have to create it,

Ok, but wasn't it there in 2012E.  All  dose it still have the archive feature that 2011 had and maybe 2012E (not sure if 2012E had It).  Does any one know if 2012E have auto archive of TV shows?

The default folder in 2012 Essentials are "Company", "Users", and the Admin folder.  I agree with the Archiving....the server OS would not know how to do that without some help.

On my MCE7 comp. in media center there is a tab between Extra and Pictures + Video that says Home Server-TV archive.  It is there after you install the connector software.  if you go into that you can see in series and set it to automatically archive all shows.  Does that exist in 2012E or the new 2012R2E?  technical the MCE7 comp is sending the TV show to the server but the software came for the server via the connector software. 

Edited by Donskon

Ah, now we get down to it. You want to know if WSE2012  and/or WSE2012r2  integrates with Windows Media Center Edition. I haven't used MCE in years so I don't know. I'm not sure if anyone has done that yet. Perhaps you can be the first :) I wonder, for example, if the Recorded TV folder will get created when the WSE2012 Connector gets installed on an MCE computer. Since I don't have an MCE computer, I can't test.