RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

USB over Network Software

GavinCampbell

Just came accross this nice piece of software and thought I would share it.

I got a chance to try it with my iphone connected to my homeserver over the network and it worked flawlessly.  The best part is that it is free but they call it a experimental software but I have seen no issues yet.

LogMeIn Remote USB (Beta)

https://secure.logmein.com/labs/

I know there are others that will enjoy this find.

I've used FabulaTech's solution before but it was a very expensive solution and sometimes a pain to get working.  This one is free and is very similar in looks.

http://www.fabulatech.com/

So, I can connect a USB webcam physically to my office PC and watch the video feed at home? Great! Now I'll know who's stealing my dang pencils. :D

If your IT staff allows you to install your own software, you have bigger issues than someone stealing pencils.

Unless, of course, you're, ahem, one of the senior people in the IT dept. and have privileges to install & test software and hardware pretty much as you see fit (Ikon looks away and whistles softly) :rolleyes: 

^ LOL... Well, I'd be that guy, exactly. To start, even my laptop's not joined to the domain (not that I advertise it openly of course).

It's hard to do regular techie stuff if you have to contend with domain restrictions and such. My boss understands it so he lets me play god. :D