RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anyone successfully install Server 2012 R2 Essentials on a Microserver N36L,N40L,N54L ?

diehard

Remove your 3rd party nic card. Disable boot using nic in the BIOS. You should be able to finish the install. Once that's all setup, install the nic card and boot into SAFE mode. See if you can install the nic drivers.

Hey I just thought of a new tag line for the BYOB.  Build your own box, It installs... :D   What do you think...

Hey I just thought of a new tag line for the BYOB.  Build your own box, It installs... :D   What do you think...

It installs big grins? LOL, OK.

Ok, got it to work.  Pulled the intel nic out and it installed R2 with no problem.  Put the nic back in and it booted up and detected the card with no problem.  It has been a long time since I have had to pull cards out just to get the operating system to install. Kind of sad considering it is a standard intel nic.  I remember back in the day installing a fresh load of windows and pulling my creative sound cards and installing them after the operating system was loaded.  Been so long I didn't even think to do this.

thanks for the help.

I suspect strongly that this will be addressed before it's RTM.

^^^^What he said...it's still Beta......

Ok, got it to work.  Pulled the intel nic out and it installed R2 with no problem.  Put the nic back in and it booted up and detected the card with no problem.  It has been a long time since I have had to pull cards out just to get the operating system to install. Kind of sad considering it is a standard intel nic.  I remember back in the day installing a fresh load of windows and pulling my creative sound cards and installing them after the operating system was loaded.  Been so long I didn't even think to do this.

thanks for the help.

Glad to hear it. Congrats.

Would you mind testing to see if you can get the builtin nic to work ?

Can you enable it in the BIOS and see if the server completes to boot.