RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
diehard

Anyone successfully install Server 2012 R2 Essentials on a Microserver N36L,N40L,N54L ?

pcdoc

Interesting all these install problems.  I had no issues installing but running anytime access is an entirely different story.  Nothing but problems on dedicated hardware but works great in a vm.  Go figure, a preview with bugs.

diehard

So it will install with "No NIC" but not with the wrong NIC?  I hope they clean this up before the RTM.

Somewhat true. The server will boot into the OS but then it starts a Powershell script to configure the network card and will fail since none exist. This Powershell thing did not exist pre R2.

I had no problems installing R2 on my EX470, sweet thing.

Mr_Smartepants

You mention s2012E, are you sure they work with R2 E ?

:unsure: Oops.

I'm sure the drivers would have worked.

What about the generic Broadcom drivers here?

http://www.broadcom.com/support/license.php?file=570x/win_b57_x64-15.6.0.10.zip

or here (Windows 2012 (x64)):

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/netxtreme_desktop.php

If not, then I'll have to make you a set of drivers but they'd be unsigned and no guarantee they'll work.

samuk

That's because it's not finding the nic driver. Do the complete server install with the nic disabled in the BIOS. The server should boot. Add the Administrator password, it will reboot and start a PowerShell script to name the server.(at this point you could even change the WORKGROUP name if you right click MyPC, properties,blah,blah.) Enter your details and it should reboot.

im stuck at 82%..

can you please clarify that i have to disable the nic and run the full install of windows 2012R2 again?  can i enabled the on board nic after this?

little confused about the drivers mentioned here do i need to install these?  i am installing the server using a dvd drive. if i need to install the driver how do i do this?

thanks

Edited by samuk

Joe_Miner

I wasn't going to work on this till later in the month but this gave me the push to try something.....

I pulled everything out of a N40L and put in a drive I'd been saving for later and tried an install with an Intel NIC in the MicroServer -- @#*$(#@ failed at 84% or rather stuck at 84%

ikon

I wasn't going to work on this till later in the month but this gave me the push to try something.....

I pulled everything out of a N40L and put in a drive I'd been saving for later and tried an install with an Intel NIC in the MicroServer -- @#*$(#@ failed at 84% or rather stuck at 84%

Time to try that $WinPEDriver$ 'trick' :)

Mr_Smartepants

Can one of you with a stalled/failed install upload the following files:

\Windows\setup*.log

\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

Maybe we can find the cause in there.

samuk

can someone please tell me if 2012 r2 will work with the NL40 with the built in NIC? if not i will install 2012 Server edition..

i need to gt my server up and running..

thanks

diehard

can someone please tell me if 2012 r2 will work with the NL40 with the built in NIC? if not i will install 2012 Server edition..

i need to gt my server up and running..

thanks

So far I have not been able to get it working.

Shoop

Anyone get this working yet?  I tried installing it with onboard nic disabled and an Intel nic installed and it hangs at 76%.