RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anyone successfully install Server 2012 R2 Essentials on a Microserver N36L,N40L,N54L ?

diehard

Isn't it on the USB flash drive? If not, it should be in one of the downloads. I mean, if you have the BIOS update program, you should also have the ROM file. Just rename it to something else and then rename the modded BIOS to the name of the original file.

• 6 months later...

Hi stuck doing the win8 to 8.1 upgrade and reading back I need the HP bios upgrade, I can't get it from the HP site as warrenty ran out in 11/14 and won't give me it.

Any body got a link that works not a hacked version pls and I'm in the UK

Than any issues upgrading to win from 8.1?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhat true. The server will boot into the OS but then it starts a Powershell script to configure the network card and will fail since none exist. This Powershell thing did not exist pre R2.

I had no problems installing R2 on my EX470, sweet thing.

Hello Diehard,

I'm having issues installing R2 on my EX470 and I was hoping you could walk me thru some of the settings you made in the BIOS before you installed. I am getting an error " Windows could not find the partition or create one, please check log files" and I also got an error 'Windows cannot be installed to this disk. This computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.'

I have tried to segregate the issue since I have two EX470's and two different drives and I am still having the same issue on both.

I was thinking it might be a driver issue, but cannot find proper drivers for this device. Any recommendations?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...