RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Anyone successfully install Server 2012 R2 Essentials on a Microserver N36L,N40L,N54L ?

diehard

The benefit is you don't have to download 200+ updates from Windows Update during post-install cleanup.

Very nice. Going thru the Windows Update process innumerable times is a royal PITA :)

I took his post to mean previous versions of Windows, not WSE2012R2. It would be somewhat amazing to have 200+ updates for an OS that hasn't even been released yet :D

OK, here's a slimmed version of the $WinPEDriver$ folder I used to install S2012E onto my N54L with no problems. It also includes the drivers for WHS2011 on the EX490 series.

I slimmed it down to about 20MB by removing the installer .exe's and other cruft not needed during setup.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/vfuan487dybq341/EX490-N54L-drivers2.7z

You mention s2012E, are you sure they work with R2 E ?

That was the title.  ;)  R2 E.  Hopefully so.  I would like to try it before podcasting tonight.  I've not done an unattended setup.  Any secret sauce needed or simply place the Win PE folder on root?

I'm stuck at 88%.

That's because it's not finding the nic driver. Do the complete server install with the nic disabled in the BIOS. The server should boot. Add the Administrator password, it will reboot and start a PowerShell script to name the server.(at this point you could even change the WORKGROUP name if you right click MyPC, properties,blah,blah.) Enter your details and it should reboot.

So it will install with "No NIC" but not with the wrong NIC?  I hope they clean this up before the RTM.