RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

sata blue ray--whs?

jpap33

Happy black fridqay everyone. I was looking at the adds today and was thinking about getting the LG Black BD-Combo SATA Model CH08LS10 for 99 bucks. I know that I can get a sata to usb which is what I planned on doing--- the question is....I can't install this internally on the HP 495 right? Just curious

Happy belated thanksgiving! Happy shopping...

Joe

I don't know if I've seen anyone install this internally on the HP MSS. I've used a full size DVD reader that I rigged to one of my IDE to USB converters. I'm currently using the Samsung external USB. I say go for it on the Blu-Ray reader. Just get the USB converter and make sure it has a power supply. I don't know of any that don't come with external power, just making sure.

Hey, shop through the homeservershow.com store if you think about it. Love Black Friday!

Just wanted to say I was quit stupid thinking this would fit in the Hp whs! The drive is probably more than an inch wider. Did get it though...this way I can burn my bluray to my server. Still waiting on the usb sata connection cable....

Keep us posted on the ripping, etc. I'm always interested in how many different ways there are when people rip, stream, etc. Maybe we should start a dedicated forum for it. I have a post almost ready on ripping with resource links. Will work on that someday!