Sign in to follow this  
Shoop

Remote web access to second WHS 2011?

jmwills    283
jmwills

It should work....

Shoop    0
Shoop

Okay, I forwarded the ports to the second server.  It definitely is not working from my local network.  I tried using both the wan IP as well as the domain name with the :8443 port extension.  I will try this
from my work tomorrow.

jmwills    283
jmwills

Of course it won't work from inside your local network....what's the purpose?..You are already past the router and your browser cannot understand where to go.

ikon    420
ikon

Although it can be made to work from inside you LAN, it's often difficult to get all the stars aligned for it to work. The important issue is to get it to work from the Internet. If you have a phone that has Internet Sharing, you can test it that way. Otherwise, you can do it from work, use your laptop from a local business such as a restaurant, have a friend try to get to the login page, etc.

jem101    17
jem101

I generally test it with a phone, make sure that WiFi is off so you really are using a 3G or 4G connection.

John

Shoop    0
Shoop

Still no dice.  I tried both the IP address as well as the actual domain name I registered with Microsoft. It seems like either way should work but I get nothing.

jmwills    283
jmwills

What is the error you get when using the IP Address appended by the port number?

ikon    420
ikon

I generally test it with a phone, make sure that WiFi is off so you really are using a 3G or 4G connection.

John

Good point. I do that automatically, so I never think about it anymore :)

Still no dice.  I tried both the IP address as well as the actual domain name I registered with Microsoft. It seems like either way should work but I get nothing.

If you don't mind, perhaps you can give a couple of us your WAN IP address in a PM and we'll see if we can get to the login page. We don't need any login credentials (and I don't want any). We would just see if the login page comes up.

Shoop    0
Shoop

I'm not getting any errors.  It just sits there waiting for a response from the IP.

I didn't even think to use my phone.lol

I would rather not give my ip address for various reasons.

jmwills    283
jmwills

Have you looked in the event logs?  Maybe your router can't handle this.

That's all I can add.