RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Stablebit Scanner 2.4.0 issues

revengineer

Does anyone else have issues running Stablebit Scanner 2.4.0 on WS2012E? On my server after install of the new version, USB devices are rendered unrecognizable and my Drivebender Pool is yanked offline. Checking Disk management, the disks are missing in the listing. Because the drives are missing at the lowest level, this is not a DB incompatibility. Instead something very fundamental seems to be wrong with the newest scanner release. 

I tried both 2928 (without dashboard integration) and 2929 (with dashboard integration) with the same problem. The problem seems to be with my two external Sans Digital TR4UTBPN enclosures connected via USB3 using the WD adapter. After installation, the drives in the enclosure are no longer recognized. Uninstall and power cycle are required to get the system back to normal. Rolling back to v2.3.2.2885, life is good again. i never tried any of the 2.4.0 betas, so I am not sure when the problem would have started.

I presume you have notified CoveCube of your issues: I'm sure they want to know about them.

In this case I have not because I have no details other than those above that I can report. I am happy to have my production server back in the state it was in before the snafu. At this point I would not be willing to repeat the installation to collect the logging information required to fix the problem. I will still drop Alex a note, but first I am trying to figure out if others have similar issues. So if anyone has this installed let me know whether or not this version is working for you. 

Glad to hear you'll notify Alex. I'm sure a detailed description of your hardware & software setup will be helpful.

revengineer:

Please, do drop us a note!  And yes, a detailed description would be awesome.

I know there are a lot of changes to the methods used to grab SMART data and such in 2.4. One of those changes may be the issue.

And assuming you haven't reinstalled windows.... check "C:\ProgramData\StableBit Scanner\Service". If there is an "ErrorReports" folder with a bunch of ".saencryptedreport" files, please submit a ticket to "http://stablebit.com/Contact" and upload those error reports. That should actually help Alex pinpoint the issue.

Seasons, I will take care of this on the upcoming weekend.

Seasons, I will take care of this on the upcoming weekend.

I meant Drashna, not Seasons. I hate auto correct. :angry: