RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Comcast Is Turning Homes Into Public Wi-Fi Hotspots

ikon

Me, never, but my drones overfly your place regularly   (oops, guess I shouldn't have said that) ;)

jmwills

I seem the drones everyone morning...but getting back tp the leagl aspect of this...who is responsible for illegally downloaded material?  I see one big lawsuit in this.

ikon

Given that the router is really a dual router (i.e. 2 separate subnets) and, presumably, Comcast has control over at least the public subnet, I would venture to say that Comcast will have to assume responsibility. I sure wouldn't accept such a router if they didn't.

jmwills

No thanks.....

awraynor

Doesn't ComCast have a monthly download limit and I assume this would not count towards that?

cskenney

Doesn't ComCast have a monthly download limit and I assume this would not count towards that?

Not sure if they have caps but they could still enforce it because you have to log in with your Comcast username and password.

jmwills

If they have one, they don't enforce it...at least not in my area.

ikon

My experience, and that of others I've conversed with, is that the cable ISPs don't bother you about caps unless they receive performance complaints from neighbours who are on the same segment as you.