RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

using 2 x 2 TB drives for back up in WHS 2011

tvviewer

Hi all

First time poster here, I hope someone can help with a problem I now find I have in WHS 2011

I got WHS as I wanted somthing to store my TV and film files on that I could watch on my PC, TV, and media player I have around the house

I started with 1x 850gig drive for WHS (C-D) 1x 2TB drive  (E) to hold all the TV files and 1x 2TB drive for back up

It all worked well, very well until the TV drive filled up. Until then back-ups worked just fine

I am not one to risk anything so I copied all the TV files onto a USB drive before touching anything on the WHS PC

I removed the 2TB drive that was used as a backup drive and added it as a new storage drive (F) Then put some of the TV shows onto it from my E drive

My  E and F drives are now only half full

So I now have 2x 2TB drives both with TV shows on them and I can see both drives on the TV ect around the house

My problem is how do I back up both E and F onto the 2 new 2TB drives I just brought to use  for back ups

It looks like I can only choose to back up one set of data

Does any one know how I can back up E onto one of the new 2TB drives and F onto the other new 2TB drive?

I hope I have explaind my problem ok

Thanks for any help anyone can give

Dave

Since writing the above I have been looking around and I am wondering about mirroring each pair of 2 TB drives then doing an external back up of both pairs of drives to somthing like the Seagate central box device

So I should then have a copy of each 2 TB drive in the server box and a copy on the central of both 2TB drives

any comments

Edited by tvviewer