RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links

skandal

iLo should run in a different IP of your other network card. iLo can't hijack the network of the server, unless you changed something in the iLO to share the network connection.

Griffin

Yup.i was dumb enough to not know this.

skandal

You weren't dumb, you just didn't have the information :)

pumek

iLO 2.73 released :)

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_ba3437a6c8d843f39ab5cace06

UPGRADE REQUIREMENTS: OPTIONAL

***ATTENTION***
  Note for ESXi users: If you are booted from the Embedded SD Card, it is strongly 
  recommended that you reboot the server immediately after updating the iLO firmware.

FIRMWARE DEPENDENCY:

Hewlett Packard Enterprise recommends the following or greater versions of iLO utilities
  for best performance:  

- RESTful Interface Tool (iLOREST) 2.3
  - HPQLOCFG v5.2 
  - Lights-Out XML Scripting Sample bundle 5.10.0
  - HPONCFG Windows 5.3.0
  - HPONCFG Linux 5.4.0
  - LOCFG v5.10.0
  - HPLOMIG 5.2.0

KNOWN ISSUES: 
  - Fibre Channel Ports are displayed with degraded status if they are configured but not attached.

FIXES:
The following issues are resolved in this version:
  - Added fix for Embedded Remote Support in an IPv6-only environment.
  - Added fix for Embedded Remote Support data collection for systems with multiple Smart Array Controllers.

Enhancements:
  - Suppress SNMP traps for NIC link up/link down events that occur during POST.

Edited by pumek
  • Like 2

OctavianH

In the past it was plain simple: an iso with all drivers and software. Now after I log into my HPE account they ask me for a lot of stuff like contract and warranty and stuff... At least I was able to upgrade the iLO and the BIOS...

shakenfr

hi, anyone has a link to download last SPP for Gen8 microserver ?

best

bruno

meneldor

I need the spp too please.

schoondoggy
15 hours ago, shakenfr said:

hi, anyone has a link to download last SPP for Gen8 microserver ?

best

bruno

14 hours ago, meneldor said:

I need the spp too please.

As SPP includes BIOS files they require entitlement, active warranty or service contract, however the current BIOS for the MicroServer Gen8 is open for download without entitlement as it includes patches for CPU security issues. All of the other files that would be on the SPP are always available for download without entitlement.

Gottria
Posted (edited)

So how bad is it with the "Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND read failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state" 

Bought the unit used about a year ago and been working fine, then this error. iLo firmware at 2.73, system rom at J06, still trying to figure out how to update that as it's from 2014. Can't seem to boot off anything but the internal USB. Cleared iLo to default and then did a format, seems OK for a few minutes then the error. Still new to this HPE stuff.

Edited by Gottria

repulse

Hi guys,

i'm pretty confused with what SPP i should use...

Production Version: 2017.10.1

Post-Production Version: Gen8.1

Which one is good to use for my microserver Gen8 ?