Jump to content
RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links

Recommended Posts

AndZ

New iLO version 4.62

Version:2.62 (2 Apr 2019)

Fixes

Upgrade Requirement:
Recommended - HPE recommends users update to this version at their earliest convenience.

Resolved an issue where iLO could intermittently cause adapters to lose configuration after updating adapters to newer firmware.

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5390291&swItemId=MTX_0605845b94a948e19846dd4301&swEnvOid=4184#tab-history

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pumek

maybe its not free like ethernet 1gb 2-port 332i adapter firmware

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skandal

Nop, it wasn't release yet. But now it is :) 

Go to http://www.hpe.com/support/ilo4 to download it. It has an embedded HTML5 console instead of the .NET one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scorpi2ok2

I just updated and I have errors now.

When I try to login on ILO I have this error:

iLO Self-Test reports a problem with: Embedded Flash/SD-CARD. View details on Diagnostics page.

On Diagnostics page:

Embedded Flash/SD-CARDController firmware revision 2.10.00 Embedded media manager failed initialization

I'm not using the SD card. 

OS: Centos 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flipper

@scorpi2ok2 I have the same error message: Embedded Flash/SD-CARD   Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND write failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state 

I removed the microsd card, still the same error message.

 

Os Proxmox, with a LSI SAS card. No VM for the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
schoondoggy
9 hours ago, scorpi2ok2 said:

I just updated and I have errors now.

When I try to login on ILO I have this error:

iLO Self-Test reports a problem with: Embedded Flash/SD-CARD. View details on Diagnostics page.

On Diagnostics page:

Embedded Flash/SD-CARDController firmware revision 2.10.00 Embedded media manager failed initialization

I'm not using the SD card. 

OS: Centos 7

 

5 hours ago, flipper said:

@scorpi2ok2 I have the same error message: Embedded Flash/SD-CARD   Controller firmware revision 2.10.00 NAND write failure: Media is in a WRITE-PROTECTED state  

I removed the microsd card, still the same error message.

 

Os Proxmox, with a LSI SAS card. No VM for the moment

I have not had this issue, but I believe you need to format NAND from iLo:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04996097&hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_1913281&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_Jul16_xbu_all_all_757293_1913281_EnterpriseSolutionsServers_critical__/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
pumek
Posted (edited)
On 5/17/2019 at 12:12 AM, skandal said:

Nop, it wasn't release yet. But now it is :) 

Go to http://www.hpe.com/support/ilo4 to download it. It has an embedded HTML5 console instead of the .NET one.

 

 

CPU temp readings are corrected?

it was 40*C ilo 2.62 and now its showing around 60*C on my 1260L

 

 

and remote console html5 is working on chrome :)

Edited by pumek

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flipper

I tried to install a windows server but it fails as it asks for a driver, I guess for the LSI SAS9211-4i  but all the drivers I try don't work. Do I need a driver for any embeded card in th microserver ? I want to install the windows just to do the Ilo update and try to get rid of the ilo error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
flipper

I did the update, still the same error on ilo Health, I tried the format but still the error. I guess there s a real problem with my gen8...but it s no more under warranty...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • Sokoban
      By Sokoban
      Hi 
      My HP Proliant Microserver Gen 8 won't install HP Tools when I have running HP Smart Update Manager. 
      even when I have trying to install via Intelligent Provising, Windows Server 2019.
       
      Se image below 🙂 That's I missing.. ;-(
       

    • Karazzi
      By Karazzi
      Hi everyone.
       
      New to this forum.
      I have a gen8 microserver running at home, where I have installed an SSD in the ODD sata slot. On the SSD I have installed Ubuntu Server 18.04.
      I have then created a logical volume witht the raid controller and can then boot to the SSD. So far so good.
      My problem emerges when I reboot the system. The logical volume disapears and it gives the error: "boot logical drive is configured but is missing or offline".
      I then have to go into the utility and reconfigure the logical volume. Kind of annoying, when trying to run a headless setup.
       


×
×
  • Create New...