RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links

cskenney

I added some additional sites that are selling Gen8 Microservers along with the links to the product pages and the pricing at the time I posted the info.

As pointed out in another topic, the prices are already starting to erode.

• Like 1

Joe_Miner

I added some additional sites that are selling Gen8 Microservers along with the links to the product pages and the pricing at the time I posted the info.

As pointed out in another topic, the prices are already starting to erode.

Very nice Chris -- having the prices in one place is pretty neat!

cskenney

Pricing just gives people an idea of where it's currently at so they know when a deal comes around.

Interesting that the thing isn't even released into the market yet and the price is already falling.

schoondoggy

The link to the QuickSpecs seems to be broken.

It seems to happen a lot with HP QuickSecs links.

cskenney

The link to the QuickSpecs seems to be broken.

It seems to happen a lot with HP QuickSecs links.

Fixed (for now).  It seems HP is constantly changing the links to their pages.....

Joe_Miner

Renny alerted me to a short video with Greg Starks about the HP ProLiant G8 MicroServer that is pretty interesting and worth the time to watch IMHO -- Greg even mentions doing a Google search on "HomeServer" at the end of the video!

HP Tech Talk features new HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8

Thanks Renny for the heads up on this!

ikon

What'd ya think JM; I basically felt that Greg reiterated the use cases we talk about all the time around here. It does make me wonder about 1 thing though: Greg mentioned how HP strived for versatility of the G8 because they saw how people were modifying & upgrading their MicroServers. So why did they cut back to 1 PCIe slot? Seems to me this restricts versatility. I realise the x1 slot in the G7s was intended in some sense to be the ILO slot, and the G8s have ILO onboard, but that 2nd slot sure is handy.

Pancakes

I think the fact it has Dual LAN and USB 3.0 kinda makes most cards useless, what would you even use in there?

I really want to pick up a G8 when they get cheaper, but I am having trouble thinking of stuff it could do :( My G7 does everything I want

Edited by Pancakes

ikon

Why, more USB3 of course! :D

Seriously though, it only has 2 USB3 ports, doesn't it?