RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links

schoondoggy
Hello! I wanted to ask you some things about installing a Windows 10 pro on the G8 microserver with a p410 controller.

I would like to be able to install this operating system, but I am looking for the drivers for this controller on the HP website, and I can not find the driver. The system is completely updated by the SSP, and at the start of the system it indicates that the driver of the controller is currently 6.64. I do not know if to install Windows 10 Windows Server 2016 drivers are missing.

Both in Windows 10 and in Windows server 2016, if you create an array of four disks from the intelligent provisioning, the two operating systems will detect it as a logical unit and you can not see the disks individually, right?

Thank you very much and greetings!
Server 2016 drivers should work in Windows 10.

Robertomcat
11 hours ago, schoondoggy said:
14 hours ago, Robertomcat said:

Server 2016 drivers should work in Windows 10.

Hello, thanks for answering.

But basically I'm looking for the driver that would be needed for the p410 when you are installing Windows server 2016. I have searched inside the HP website, in drivers and software, but for server 2016 there are 154 drivers and I have reviewed them all and found this:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3883933&swItemId=MTX_18e125ed60b94e5a92322961a1&swEnvOid=4184

Is this the driver required for server 2016 to detect the disk drive during installation?

A greeting!

Edited by Robertomcat

schoondoggy
3 hours ago, Robertomcat said:

Hello, thanks for answering.

But basically I'm looking for the driver that would be needed for the p410 when you are installing Windows server 2016. I have searched inside the HP website, in drivers and software, but for server 2016 there are 154 drivers and I have reviewed them all and found this:

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=3883933&swItemId=MTX_18e125ed60b94e5a92322961a1&swEnvOid=4184

Is this the driver required for server 2016 to detect the disk drive during installation?

A greeting!

That is not the driver.

When you say 'detect disks', are you looking for the application to setup arrays?

If so that would be SSA or the older version is ACU. 

Do you have Windows 10 installed on the server?

Robertomcat
7 minutes ago, schoondoggy said:

That is not the driver.

When you say 'detect disks', are you looking for the application to setup arrays?

If so that would be SSA or the older version is ACU. 

Do you have Windows 10 installed on the server?

No, I still do not have any Windows system installed, I will most certainly install it next Tuesday (Windows server 2016) but I am preparing the necessary drivers.

I already have the network drivers and others, but I need the most important so that at the beginning of the installation, have the right driver for Windows to detect the array of the p410. Thank you!

DragonTech

Hi Team,

moding my hp gen8. will do a seperate thread of my mod.

can some one please help with pin out for cable 716544-001.

any help would be appreciated.

stoney73
Posted (edited)

Wonderful if anyone can point me in the right direction here. Have just replaced the CPU on my gen 8 microserver. Went according to the video above. Upon booting the server up, there is a clicking sound coming from the main board. Regular as clockwork, and the server isn't posting. Any ideas? I've swapped back to the G1610T CPU, but still the same issue. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zyLJWBZQ4mTQ818o2

Edited by stoney73

skandal

I'm just going to leave this link here :)

Trig0r

What's that in normal money, inc shipping etc?

skandal

I bought two, and the total was 110€ using the Bhiner agent.

I sent them to Portugal using Belgium Post and I didn't pay any import taxes.

The original price of 199 Chinese Yuan is about 30$. I know that some sellers send to the United States, but I don't know if this one does.

I used the agent that buys the product and receives it in it's warehouse and then sends it to you.

My total cost for each heatsink (and a 4$ fan adaptor) was 55€. But I had to pay 16$ to post the item from China to Portugal.