RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links

Robertomcat
21 hours ago, schoondoggy said:

Got it!

You may need to post on some HP forums to see if anyone is using drives that big on a P410.

You could buy one 10TB and with the proper cabling connect it to the second port on the P410 to see if it works.

Hello! In the end I found a couple of HP forums, both in Spanish and English, to see what information they give me about it. Thank you very much for helping and greetings!

With any answer, I already commented here.

Dijkmane

why RAID0, if only one drive fails, you'll loose all data ?!

as suggested, you can try one disk on the secondary port on the P410 to see if it is recognized.

if so, connect the 4 and build a new array on the secondary port and move existing data to new array

with 4 drives and minimum fault tollerance, suggested is minimum 2 arrays of 10TB with 2x2 drives RAID 1 or 30TB with 4x drives in RAID 5.

Robertomcat
12 hours ago, Dijkmane said:

why RAID0, if only one drive fails, you'll loose all data ?!

as suggested, you can try one disk on the secondary port on the P410 to see if it is recognized.

if so, connect the 4 and build a new array on the secondary port and move existing data to new array

with 4 drives and minimum fault tollerance, suggested is minimum 2 arrays of 10TB with 2x2 drives RAID 1 or 30TB with 4x drives in RAID 5.

Thanks for answering!

Yes, I had thought as a last resort to buy a 10 TB disk (second hand on Amazon) and try it, but I would like to exhaust all the possibilities before making the disbursement of so much money. I asked in the forum of HP Servers, but there they do not give me an answer, they only tell me that in the technical file the maximum possible is 4 × 4 TB (I already know, I have 4 × 6 TB !!!).

So I would like to know about someone who would have put them, but I think I will not meet anyone jaja

shadox

Hello,

I'm looking for this one specific server because of the iLO functionality and the possibilities to upgrade the cpu.

Where can I find this the cheapest online? With shipping to northern Europe.

Or is there any suggestions on alternatives in the same price range?

(Have looked at the gen 10, but the lack of iLO and removed possibility of upgrading the cpu makes me want the gen8 instead)

Robertomcat
37 minutes ago, shadox said:

Hello,

I'm looking for this one specific server because of the iLO functionality and the possibilities to upgrade the cpu.

Where can I find this the cheapest online? With shipping to northern Europe.

Or is there any suggestions on alternatives in the same price range?

(Have looked at the gen 10, but the lack of iLO and removed possibility of upgrading the cpu makes me want the gen8 instead)

Hello good afternoon! The truth is that I have been looking at different web pages in Spain, and it has been a very demanded product, so there are few left (in the web pages of Amazon Europe, the Gen8 is very expensive). I bought it on this website, at the end of 2015 I cost 210 €. What part of northern Europe are you from?

I do not know if this web page sends Europe, but if you are very very interested in buying it, I could send it to you.

https://www.pccomponentes.com/hp-proliant-microserver-g8-intel-g1610t-4gb (Sorry, here is none left)

https://www.amazon.de/HP-ProLiant-MicroServer-G1610T-SATA-Server/dp/B013UBCHVU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515334544&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=microserver+hp+g8

Edited by Robertomcat

shadox
39 minutes ago, Robertomcat said:

Hello good afternoon! The truth is that I have been looking at different web pages in Spain, and it has been a very demanded product, so there are few left (in the web pages of Amazon Europe, the Gen8 is very expensive). I bought it on this website, at the end of 2015 I cost 210 €. What part of northern Europe are you from?

I do not know if this web page sends Europe, but if you are very very interested in buying it, I could send it to you.

https://www.pccomponentes.com/hp-proliant-microserver-g8-intel-g1610t-4gb (Sorry, here is none left)

https://www.amazon.de/HP-ProLiant-MicroServer-G1610T-SATA-Server/dp/B013UBCHVU/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1515334544&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=microserver+hp+g8

Hello,

I was on the same site today actually, amazon.de and noticed the two spanish webpages still sell it. Although they do not sent to my adress in Finland.

I noticed Senetic still got the G1610T but it will be 351,74 € with shipping so that is a pretty high price tag..

Idiotic I didn't buy it 2 years ago when i started looking into this, could get them for about 200€ in my country then.

Trying my luck on eBay now to get one with added stuff for the same price Senetic sends a new, seems like a more valuable alternative.

Edited by shadox

Robertomcat
4 minutes ago, shadox said:

Hello,

I was on the same site today actually, amazon.de and noticed the two spanish webpages still sell it. Although they do not sent to my adress in Finland.

I noticed Senetic still got the G1610T but it will be 351,74 € with shipping so that is a pretty high price tag..

Idiotic I didn't buy it 2 years ago when i started looking into this, could get them for about 200€ in my country then.

Well yes, € 200 was a good price. If I find something around here in Spain, I'm telling you, and if you agree, I have no problem sending it to Finland . The girlfriend of a friend of mine is Kokemaki :)

Edited by Robertomcat

Robertomcat

Hello! I wanted to ask you some things about installing a Windows 10 pro on the G8 microserver with a p410 controller.

I would like to be able to install this operating system, but I am looking for the drivers for this controller on the HP website, and I can not find the driver. The system is completely updated by the SSP, and at the start of the system it indicates that the driver of the controller is currently 6.64. I do not know if to install Windows 10 Windows Server 2016 drivers are missing.

Both in Windows 10 and in Windows server 2016, if you create an array of four disks from the intelligent provisioning, the two operating systems will detect it as a logical unit and you can not see the disks individually, right?

Thank you very much and greetings!