RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• iwilltry
      By iwilltry
      Hi there,
      I hope this topic fits here just right.
      So a few days ago, I moved my Microserver Gen8 to a friend's place and resetted it.
      When we set it up with new disks, the raid-creation in OpenMediaVault (Debian 9.6) failed.
      `smartctl` tests passed just fine though and vendor-tools also didn't report any drive errors.
      What happened?
      - I start the Raid creation via `mdadm` and after a while (random blocks and times), it fails and the second disk seems to fail (e.g. sda and sdb are creating a raid, then sdb gets "kicked out" and reread as e.g. sdd, sometimes even with only a few GB of space instead of 3TB).
      I tried attaching the second disk on ata2 and ata3, but it keeps failing. The one on ata1 works just fine though.
      I tried different disks and vendors, but get the same results.
      There are some errors in `dmesg`, but I don't know what they mean. I pasted them here: https://pastebin.com/raw/XASQJ6cy
      What I did here: I stopped the raid to re-create it, but then didn't do anything for a while and the error still came up.

Can someone help me with this? (As a wild guess, I'd say that somethings wrong with the SATA connections at least on ata2 and ata3).

Thanks in advance
    • Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      Well, I finally did it and got a 4K monitor and have attached it to my MicroServer.

Here is my list of devices that I worked with:

4K LG Monitor
      ·         LG32UD59-B 32” 4K UHD LED Monitor, 3840x2160, HDCP 2.2, HDMI, DisplayPort, AMD FreeSync, On-Screen Control
      HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 X3421
      ·         8GB RAM  - Stock
      ·         Windows 10 Pro x64
      ·         OS Drive: SATA Port 1 – Samsung 840 Pro 256GB loaded in Icy Dock’s EZConvert in Drive Bay 1
      ·         4K LG Monitor attached with DP cable – NOTE: 4K LG Monitor was also attached with HDMI cable via: “Active DisplayPort to HDMI 4K Adapter, Benfei DP to HDMI Ultra HD Converter”   -- both attachments seemed to work well.
      ·         SYBA SD-CM-UAUD USB 2.0 External Stereo Audio Adapter
      ·         External speakers with subwoofer
      ·         Logitech K120 Keyboard with mouse
      ·         Pioneer slim external USB 3.0 Blu-Ray BDR-XD05S
      ·         CyberLink PowerDVD 18 Ultra

The monitor seems to work well in 4K mode with both the DP cable connected directly to the MS as well as the HDMI cable using a DP to HDMI converter that I used last year when working on the Beta unit.  So far so good.  

Here's a video of my experience

• Sug7
      By Sug7
      Hi Guys,

New member here, some great info on this forum so hopefully a few of you have experience with the Intel E3-1260L CPU running in a HP Microserver Gen8? 

I know for sure it will work as I’ve seen some good threads on here but can anyone tell me if the upgrade made a noticeable difference in the fan speeds and noise?  

Im looking at putting two Gen8’s in a living room in place of an old N54L so cautious of too much noise..

• Joe_Miner
      By Joe_Miner
      Any experience & suggestions for a 4k BluRay Optical drive that would fit in the top of the MicroServer?