RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links

Jason

Wish I had a need for one of these. Loved my old HP EX485 until I outgrew it. This seems like that box on steroids.

Joe_Miner

Great looking machine!  So...  What numbers are people putting into their Newegg Price Alerts?  :)

jmwills

$400

cskenney

$400

Which model?  Either?

jmwills

The G2020T.  I don't need any more Celeron units.

ikon

The G2020T.  I don't need any more Celeron units.

:)

Joe_Miner

I upgraded this Chart to show the CPU's that have been reported used to upgrade the Gen8 as well as the CPU's that Schoondoggy and other's have speculated may have potential of working in the Gen8 but we know of nobody as of yet who can confirm that they work.  For some I couldn't find Passmark benchmark scores so the performance ranking is not available -- If you have any update information please post it in the Forums and I'll try to update this table as soon as I can.
Thanks,
Joe

full.png

(Table updated by Avacha 6/4/2016) http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5639-proliant-microserver-gen8-links/?p=116872 

Edited by Joe_Miner

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Looks like the micro server may be relevant now. On your chart you indicated the i5 was a possible upgrade so that's good but it will depend on how much memory the board supports.

cskenney

It has 2 slots and HP says 16 GB max. I am sure someone will try 32GB.