RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
cskenney

ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 Links

Jason

Wish I had a need for one of these. Loved my old HP EX485 until I outgrew it. This seems like that box on steroids.

Joe_Miner

Great looking machine!  So...  What numbers are people putting into their Newegg Price Alerts?  :)

jmwills

$400

cskenney

$400

Which model?  Either?

jmwills

The G2020T.  I don't need any more Celeron units.

ikon

The G2020T.  I don't need any more Celeron units.

:)

Joe_Miner

I upgraded this Chart to show the CPU's that have been reported used to upgrade the Gen8 as well as the CPU's that Schoondoggy and other's have speculated may have potential of working in the Gen8 but we know of nobody as of yet who can confirm that they work.  For some I couldn't find Passmark benchmark scores so the performance ranking is not available -- If you have any update information please post it in the Forums and I'll try to update this table as soon as I can.
Thanks,
Joe

full.png

(Table updated by Avacha 6/4/2016) http://homeservershow.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5639-proliant-microserver-gen8-links/?p=116872 

Edited by Joe_Miner

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Looks like the micro server may be relevant now. On your chart you indicated the i5 was a possible upgrade so that's good but it will depend on how much memory the board supports.

cskenney

It has 2 slots and HP says 16 GB max. I am sure someone will try 32GB.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• npapanik
      By npapanik
      FYI, I have just installed Windows Server 2019 Standard (Desktop Experience) using the latest (WS2016) HP AMD chipset & VGA driver. Everything is recognised in Device Manager and stable.
    • TonyTheTechie
      By TonyTheTechie
      I need to update the firmware on a HP Proliant Microserver Remote Access Card installed in my N40L.

Can someone please explain what I need to do to create a boot device that will update the firmware on the Remote Access Card?

Thanks

Tony Self
    • pksparks
      By pksparks
      Good evening,

after checking my ILo4, version2.61 on my Gen8 hp microservet, i saw an exclamation mark at cpld-pal0. It is now version 0x06.
      i have read that there is an version 0x32.

anybody who has this version, and can provide me with a download link?

Attached my firmware configuration. Any suggestions for any updating? Think most is up to date?

rgds
      patrick
      Sorry can’t upload photo, error 200.
    • Richardracer
      By Richardracer
      Good afternoon,

Newbie here, so please be gentle with me!

I have an 18 month old Gen8 server bought new but now out of warranty, so limited access to HPE updates.  My Gen8 has 8Gb memory, Recently added Xeon 1220v2, standard disk controller (122i ) and 4 off 3.5” drives giving 6Tb of storage under storage spaces.  OS on SATA HDD  sitting in ODD space as recommended on here.  I was running Win10 Pro, but after upgrading processor and trying to update drivers with Intelligent Provisioning, I fell foul of the expired warranty.  I also lost my printer driver for HP laser jet and my sound drivers (usb connected sound card).

To cut a long and painful journey a bit shorter, I am re-installing Win10 Pro from DVD, with licence key under IP.  My question as someone without warranty, but with a copy of the SPP download (ISO?), how do I install the various drivers needed from the SPP and do I need to update the firmware for the Xeon processor, if so how?  I read on here that the original 2014 J06 firmware does not have a thermal solution for Xeon processor and ILO shows high temps for some components.

I am reasonable knowledgeable in Windows of old and have Rufus to create bootable usb sticks, but unsure how to get from SPP ISO image as downloaded (871795_001_spp-2017.04.0-SPP2017040.2017_0420.14).

Any help from experienced gurus much appreciated!

regards

Richardracer.