RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
Sign in to follow this  
jmwills

X-Box One PreOrder

ImTheTypeOfGuy

I was listening to the radio this morning and they were having a poll on xbox one or ps4. When I quit listening it was about 18-1 for the ps4. The top reasons were not being able to sell/trade games and having to pay for online access.

jmwills

So people are willing to change platforms (X-Box to PS4) and buy games that will not work on their present platform?  What's the difference in doing that and getting an X-Box One?

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Because with the ps4 they can trade games. Yes they have to buy new ones in the beginning but the same is true for xbox.

jmwills

I believe this box is seen as a replacement for people with the original Xbox, and I think the 360 was an unqualified success....red ring and all.

ikon

Not an issue for me, since I don't have an Xbox 360, and wouldn't be looking to buy one for gaming anyway. I think there's an issue with the radio poll. The problem is that, overwhelmingly, people who are upset with the new 'rules' are the ones that are going to call in to those shows.

jmwills

Dead spot on...people who are happy to see something new are not going to take time to call in.  Only the complainers call.

ikon

:)

ImTheTypeOfGuy

Not an issue for me, since I don't have an Xbox 360, and wouldn't be looking to buy one for gaming anyway. I think there's an issue with the radio poll. The problem is that, overwhelmingly, people who are upset with the new 'rules' are the ones that are going to call in to those shows.

Good point you make. So the second part, which I don't remember the exact numbers but somewhere between 50 and 60% have never owned a play station. So while it may just be the complainers, which I doubt, it has swung people from xbox to ps4. Not that this poll is the end all be all, but it did have very interesting results. It will be interesting to see once both are released. If the play station is released first it could be a landslide for them given the previous reasons, it is out first, and it is $100 cheaper.

I currently have three xbox's and no play station. I will not be buying an xbox again unless it includes media center. We will game on a ps4.

ikon

When I said complainers, I did mean the Xbox owners who are P%&*$%^ at MS for changing the rules. I do suspect many of them will change their minds once they cool down and have time to reflect but, like you say, it will be interesting to see the results.

jmwills

We have to hurry up and shut down this war over here, because without an Xbox and a live connection, these people would go crazy.