RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Advice for a newbie to networking with two N54L

N4tTY

I have two N54L's & would like to some advice as to what would be the best use of them for a newbie to modern day networking or is this just overkill? I bought one unit for myself to use to try centralise my apps data & backup a collection of movies, TV show, music etc, currently stored on multiple 2TB Seagate USB drives with the ability to stream the content to multiple devices within my household. The second unit I actually purchased for a friend who has now changed his mind about the purchase. I could just simply return the second unit for a refund but as it was such a bargain with the current cashback deal that I'm thinking of keeping the second N54L for future use or even trying to incorporate both unit's if they can be combined effectively.

Now to start with I have a few little bits to hand 2 x 8gb  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Crucial-BLT2CP8G3D1608DT1TX0CEU-Ballistix-Tactical-Memory/dp/B007J0BHZQ/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=Z2I0S4QK0UZP&coliid=IYKZTYYS9TKC1 (which I’ve been told is not compatible but would be very happy if that info is incorrect) Two 2.5 inch drives 120gb SSD & 128 gb 2.5 HD which I’m hoping to use for the os in the optical drive bay/s. Four 1TB Seagate internal drives, two copies WHS2011.  I would appreciate any tips you guys can give me as to what would be the best way forward to utilize the hardware i currently have in order to achieve my goals?