RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Windows Server 2012 R2

jmwills

This is a very interesting read, at least from the Enterprise perspective.  What I see that jumped out is in the Hyper-V section about Hyper-V clustering.

Support for shared VHDX files by VMS, enabling new guest clustering scenarios by allowing multiple VMs to access the same VHDX and see the VHDX as shared storage. The shared VHDX is exposed to a VM as a virtual shared SAS disk and the VHDX file can be dynamic or fixed. You can specify a disk as shared via Windows PowerShell or via the Advanced Features when adding a disk to a VM. The ability to provide a shared VHDX file is very useful, particularly in hosting environments where you would not directly expose fibre channel or iSCSI LUNs to clients (the Windows Server 2012 method to provide shared storage to VMs).

Now, this is worth renewing my TechNet subscription.

Also getting a new face lift is Server 2012 R2 Essentials. (Not RTM'd yet)  Sign up for the trial.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server-essentials/windows-server-2012-r2-essentials.aspx?WT.mc_id=Newsletter_TechnetFlash_TechEd_General_EN_US&loc=zYFCz∏=zSCz&tech=zCLz&prog=zOTprogz&type=zOTtypez&media=zOTmediaz&country=zUSz

This is a very interesting read, at least from the Enterprise perspective.  What I see that jumped out is in the Hyper-V section about Hyper-V clustering.

Support for shared VHDX files by VMS, enabling new guest clustering scenarios by allowing multiple VMs to access the same VHDX and see the VHDX as shared storage. The shared VHDX is exposed to a VM as a virtual shared SAS disk and the VHDX file can be dynamic or fixed. You can specify a disk as shared via Windows PowerShell or via the Advanced Features when adding a disk to a VM. The ability to provide a shared VHDX file is very useful, particularly in hosting environments where you would not directly expose fibre channel or iSCSI LUNs to clients (the Windows Server 2012 method to provide shared storage to VMs).

Now, this is worth renewing my TechNet subscription.

Also getting a new face lift is Server 2012 R2 Essentials. (Not RTM'd yet)  Sign up for the trial.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/windows-server-essentials/windows-server-2012-r2-essentials.aspx?WT.mc_id=Newsletter_TechnetFlash_TechEd_General_EN_US&loc=zYFCz∏=zSCz&tech=zCLz&prog=zOTprogz&type=zOTtypez&media=zOTmediaz&country=zUSz

Whoa!  Nice find JMWills!!!  More to play with :)

I need to experiment with that live VM transfer......................

Edited by Joe_Miner