RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
snicko

Rocket Raid 2720 Dropping raid 5 array on reset

snicko

How long is the highpoint warranty? i unfortunately bought the card february 2012 and only installed it last month 

pcdoc

Which cables do you use now pcdoc?

I have been using the 3Ware cables.  they are more pliable, available in shorter lengths and have a more robust feel to the construction and design.  Just have to make sure you get the forward cables not the reverse as they offer both.

ikon

Thanks pcdoc. I only have 3ware cables myself, so I had nothing to compare to.

ikon

^^ What he said. Try explaining to them about the card only getting installed recently.

snicko

so i ended up buying another 2720SGL and the exact same problem! 

Have launched support with Highpoint Technologies

pcdoc

so i ended up buying another 2720SGL and the exact same problem! 

Have launched support with Highpoint Technologies

It definitely is not the card. The fact that is works then disappears says that it is in the system/configuration somewhere  Can you take some screen shots of your card configuration. What kind of system are you running this in?  Which PCIe slot are you using on what board?  Have you tried my earlier suggestion about the cables?  I have had more issues with cables than the cards.  One last question, does the card disappear in the device manager or just the array?  It could be a driver/software conflict.  If I recall I worked with someone one the forums that had an issue with some bit torrent software causing the GUI to not work correctly.  It is rare but it happens.  I am thinking it is something else in your system and nothing to do with card.  Do you have any other SMART, drive monitoring software, anything else running in the background? 

ikon

I agree with pcdoc: this now does NOT sound like a 2720 issue. As a confirmatory test, why not install your original 2720 into another system, attach a couple of drives, and see how it does?

pcdoc

I agree with pcdoc: this now does NOT sound like a 2720 issue. As a confirmatory test, why not install your original 2720 into another system, attach a couple of drives, and see how it does?

Great idea, that will rule out card/cables.