Jump to content
RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)

Haswell - Are you going to upgrade


pcdoc
 Share

Recommended Posts

Last night they released the Haswell motherboards and CPUs to retail.  I have been waiting for this to upgrade my main computer and my HTPC and I just picked up two boards and two CPU's.  Are you going to upgrade or wait this one out?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be getting it on the 4th so we will see what happens.  Going to try and do it on the same day I get it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a case and PSU on deck ready to go -- plan to avoid the initial rush -- maybe in a few months (looking forward to yours and Michael's reviews to help me decide or at least narrow the field).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm hoping to get a good deal on your "obsolete" hardware Doc.

 

Stay tuned, I have a bunch of stuff that I will be putting on the block.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. Running an Ivy Bridge CPU WS2012E server. No incentive to upgrade. Maybe if I were still on Sandy Bridge, but even then not certain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. Running an Ivy Bridge CPU WS2012E server. No incentive to upgrade. Maybe if I were still on Sandy Bridge, but even then not certain.

 

Can not disagree with your logic.  I am almost all Sandy Bridge which are great systems and I will leave my servers there for awhile but I thought it would be best to upgrade my main system.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...