RESET Forums (homeservershow.com)
schoondoggy

Dave may have a new John Deere, but,,,,,

schoondoggy

Finally got to my computer so I can post a pic.

Rock%20Island%20G-2.jpg

This tractor is pretty neat.  Engine was made by Waukesha engine company in Waukesha, WI (company is still in business today).  The tractor itself is the Rock Island Tractor Company from Rock Island Illnois (only a couple of hours from where I live).  This tractor company is now part of what we know today as the Case International Company.

Are you a former farm boy?

How did you come to own such a fine tractor?

cskenney

Are you a former farm boy?

How did you come to own such a fine tractor?

My grandfather was a full time farmer and my dad farmed part time while I was growing up in central Michigan.

Here is a picture taken on Memorial Day of my dads collection of older tractors.

tractors.jpg

I have a good friend that is an Allis-Chalmers collector (50+ tractors) and I have always had farming in my blood.

I was on a business trip with a co-worker about 15 years ago and we got to talking old tractors.  He mentioned he had the Rock Island tractor and didn't want it because he was into steam engines.  We worked out a price and it came home with me.

I have 2 Allis-Chalmers WC parts tractors I bought cheap and I also have an Allis-Chalmers 5020 compact diesel that I use for garden work and plowing snow.